News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Which GOP Candidate would get your Vote.

Started by Viking, August 15, 2011, 12:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which GOP Candidate woudl get your vote.

Ron Paul
10 (23.3%)
Mitt Romney
10 (23.3%)
John Huntsman
7 (16.3%)
Michelle Bachman
4 (9.3%)
Sarah Palin (write in)
1 (2.3%)
Rick Per
2 (4.7%)
Newt Gingerich
1 (2.3%)
Jaron
8 (18.6%)

Total Members Voted: 42

crazy canuck

Quote from: Viking on August 15, 2011, 07:25:28 PM
Three term Texas governor. Very Christian, Very Conservative, Tax Cutter, Deficit Raiser, Called for the state to pray for rain during drought and held 30,000 man meeting to pray for texas when he admitted he didn't have any policies to fix anything. Has Pat Robertson's social policy, Tea Party economic policy and "Jesus is Lord" religious policy.

I knew Texas had a lot of nutters be didnt realize it was that bad.

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 16, 2011, 11:38:18 AM

Eh it is how things go when you are in a one party state.  He only became Governor because he was George W Bush's Lt. Governor when Dubya left the office to become President.  Since then the Republicans are not going to unseat a sitting Governor and Texas will always vote Republican so therefore...

He has never been seriously challenged and yet he still only won in 2006 with 39% of the vote.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on August 16, 2011, 12:01:11 PM

Eh it is how things go when you are in a one party state.  He only became Governor because he was George W Bush's Lt. Governor when Dubya left the office to become President.  Since then the Republicans are not going to unseat a sitting Governor and Texas will always vote Republican so therefore...

He has never been seriously challenged and yet he still only won in 2006 with 39% of the vote.

I like this article:

http://www.texasmonthly.com/2011-09-01/feature7.php

Between his attitude and the Euros/dirty foreigners disliking him, I'd stuff the ballot box for him.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 16, 2011, 12:04:08 PM
Between his attitude and the Euros/dirty foreigners disliking him, I'd stuff the ballot box for him.

You can have him.

Not sure why you like his attitude.   The dude is a total wimp.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

MadImmortalMan

Perry is now the frontrunner.

POLL: Rick Perry Jumps To Double-Digit Lead Over Romney And Bachmann

Texas Gov. Rick Perry, the newest entrant in the 2012 Republican presidential race, has a double-digit lead over Mitt Romney and Michele Bachmann, according to a new poll from Rasmussen Reports.

According to the telephone survey, Perry has the support of 29% of likely Republican primary voters. Romney, who has heretofore been viewed as the frontrunner, earned 18%, while Bachmann picked up 13% .

Perhaps more significantly, Perry captured 39% of the vote among members of the Tea Party, with Bachmann coming in a distant second with 21% support. The numbers indicate that Perry is already starting to chip away at Bachmann's social conservative base — Tea Party support split almost evenly between Bachmann and in a  Rasmussen poll conducted just two weeks ago.

The numbers are a major boost for Perry's nascent presidential campaign, which officially kicked off just four days ago.

"Governor Perry is enjoying a bounce from entering the race at precisely the right time," Scott Rasmussen said in a statement.  "Now the difficult part begins for the new frontrunner.  It's much easier winning support when people are hoping you will get in the race, than retaining support when you are the frontrunner."

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

stjaba

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 16, 2011, 01:37:00 PM

Perry is now the frontrunner.

Fortunately, it's still early on. Check out these poll results from 2007. Rudy was in first place, Fred Thompson was neck and neck with John McCain, Huckabee was in fifth:

9/7/07     7/21/07     6/1/07     4/15/07     2/25/07
Rudy Giuliani           28         37          34         35          53
Fred Thompson          19         15          13         10          NA
John McCain            18         16          20         22          23
Mitt Romney             10          8          10         10           5
Mike Huckabee          5          2           2          1           2

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on August 16, 2011, 12:01:11 PM

Meh - Alberta is a one-party province (and for a lot longer than Texas - we've had uninterrupted government by Social Credit, then Progressive Conservatives, since the early 1930s), and we just unseated our most recent dud of a Premier. :showoff:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on August 16, 2011, 03:06:10 PM
Meh - Alberta is a one-party province (and for a lot longer than Texas - we've had uninterrupted government by Social Credit, then Progressive Conservatives, since the early 1930s), and we just unseated our most recent dud of a Premier. :showoff:

Texas has been a one party state since Reconstruction ended.  We just flopped parties but really the new Republicans are exactly the same (and in some cases they are the same people) as the old Democrats.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 16, 2011, 03:03:50 PM
Rudi is looking pretty good right about now.

I've always liked Rudi but I don't think he has an ice cube's chance in today's climate.

DGuller

crazy canuck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 16, 2011, 03:13:25 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on August 16, 2011, 03:03:50 PM
Rudi is looking pretty good right about now.

I've always liked Rudi but I don't think he has an ice cube's chance in today's climate.

Another one well played.  Languish is cooking today.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on August 16, 2011, 12:08:02 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 16, 2011, 12:04:08 PM

You can have him.

Not sure why you like his attitude.   The dude is a total wimp.

I'm just enjoying Viking's fits over him. A vote for Perry is a vote to troll Viking and his ilk for 4 years.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive