Main Menu

Pakistan: Oh yeah? We'll show you!

Started by CountDeMoney, August 15, 2011, 04:30:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siege

Quote from: Razgovory on August 15, 2011, 06:47:24 PM
Quote from: grumbler on August 15, 2011, 06:19:29 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 15, 2011, 01:52:27 PM
I try to ignore all news about stealth technology in the vain hope the US military will forget about this white elephant.
I doubt the military ever knew enough about you to have anything to forget.

Sometimes, if I ignore something long enough I will forget it and then when the topic comes up reality has changed.  I'm not sure if that's an actual phenomenon or I'm just crazy, but it's worth a try.  It's also the best I can do.

What is your opinion on Stealth technology?  I have cousin who works on that kind of stuff at Boeing (previously McDonnell Douglas), he has a fairly low opinion of it.

So said my wife when I let her fire my suppressed snipery rifle.
-"That was loud!"
-"Come on honey, it was 30% quieter than unsupressed. Keep in mind this was still a supersonic round with a loss of accuracy of less than one MOA (minute of angle). This is a great performance for a suppressed high-powered rifle"
-"It was loud. Didn't sound like in the movies!"
-"Honey, in the movies they use sound bits from airguns to simulate surpressors."
-"But it was very loud. Everybody is going to hear you shoot."
-"Honey, the idea is not to be soundless, since that is impossible with current technology, but to camouflage our sound signature. Done properly the enemy will think that we are farther away, or that a low powered weapon have been used, which means is not us shooting, or even that it is not gunshot at all but some other sound, depending of our location and urban level.
-"But it was loud!"

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Razgovory

Thank you siege, but that wasn't really relevant.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Siege

Quote from: Razgovory on August 15, 2011, 07:09:53 PM

It is. Whatever advantage stealth will give us, we'll take it.
It doesn't have to be really invisible. If we can make it look like something else, like an small comercial helo or maybe even a UAV, for intance, then is up to us to play with the enemy's mind to make them believe what we want them to believe.
Very simple to saturate the enemy information gathering channels so when the real mission comes they see what the *think* they are seen based on previous intel.

Human minds are so easy to fuck with, and muslims are so easy to fool.

Alcibiades

Quote from: Razgovory on August 15, 2011, 06:49:17 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 15, 2011, 06:45:10 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 15, 2011, 06:37:17 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 15, 2011, 06:33:37 PM
The CIA probably has a thick dossier on him though.

So does the Army from the my ROTC period.
[/b]

:yeahright: I'm skeptical.

Apparently they filter out people with mental problems.  Who'd have thought?  Maybe it's different now.  But I signed up and took the classes till they found out I was a bit on the crazy side.  This was back in 2000-2002.

You trying out ROTC again?  I think you may have been at my program today, or at least a relative of yours.   :P
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Razgovory

No, this was past tense.  I'm to fat and old now.  I probably wouldn't have made a good soldier anyway.  I genuinely dislike spending six hours a day having Arabs shoot at me.

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on August 15, 2011, 07:16:01 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 15, 2011, 07:09:53 PM

It is. Whatever advantage stealth will give us, we'll take it.
It doesn't have to be really invisible. If we can make it look like something else, like an small comercial helo or maybe even a UAV, for intance, then is up to us to play with the enemy's mind to make them believe what we want them to believe.
Very simple to saturate the enemy information gathering channels so when the real mission comes they see what the *think* they are seen based on previous intel.

Human minds are so easy to fuck with, and muslims are so easy to fool.

I'm referring to specific technology know as "Stealth".  It's not based on aircraft being hidden by deceiving human sense but by deceiving machines.  The fact that the Serbs were able to shoot one these craft down with some old Soviet junk indicates to me that it's not really as useful as the military brags that it is.  There really isn't much need for a Stealth bomber in Iraq or Afghanistan as militia men rarely have the ability to engage supersonic aircraft.

The Brain

Quote from: Siege on August 15, 2011, 07:07:47 PM
my wife when I let her fire my suppressed snipery rifle.

Nah, too easy.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Siege

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.