News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What do you wear for work?

Started by Zanza, August 10, 2011, 11:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you wear for work?

business/informal (suit and necktie for men, perhaps cufflinks)
2 (4.3%)
business casual (suit, no necktie or cufflinks for men)
5 (10.9%)
smart casual (dress trousers, dress shirt, leather shoes, blazer for men)
10 (21.7%)
uniform (soldiers, police, hospital workers etc.)
4 (8.7%)
blue collar (work clothes for heavy or dirty work)
3 (6.5%)
casual (this is basically defined as "not one of the other categories")
22 (47.8%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Barrister

Quote from: Ideologue on August 11, 2011, 02:26:06 PM
They look cool, though.

Your office is in the courthouse, though, correct?  The only prosecutors' office I'm physically familiar with (the assistant solicitor that handles CDV cases) is in the same building as the CDV court.

What do private attorneys do?

Nay.  I'm across the street.

"hookers and blow" is about as good an answer as I can give too.  What do they do about what?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ideologue

Quote from: Barrister on August 11, 2011, 02:37:14 PM
They look cool, though.

Your office is in the courthouse, though, correct?  The only prosecutors' office I'm physically familiar with (the assistant solicitor that handles CDV cases) is in the same building as the CDV court.

"hookers and blow" is about as good an answer as I can give too.  What do they do about what?

Don't they have to do 19th century cosplay as well?  If so, do they drive there in the robes, and get them all creased up and smeared with burritos, or do they put them on in the lobby, or what?

Also, shouldn't you be at work instead of answering stupid questions from a foreigner? :P
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Barrister

Quote from: Ideologue on August 11, 2011, 02:43:03 PM
Quote from: Barrister on August 11, 2011, 02:37:14 PM
They look cool, though.

Don't they have to do 19th century cosplay as well?  If so, do they drive there in the robes, and get them all creased up and smeared with burritos, or do they put them on in the lobby, or what?

Also, shouldn't you be at work instead of answering stupid questions from a foreigner? :P

I have a huge stack of Early Case Resolution offers to do.  It's about as much fun as you'd think. <_<

HVC

Quote from: Barrister on August 11, 2011, 02:49:24 PM

I have a huge stack of Early Case Resolution offers to do.  It's about as much fun as you'd think. <_<
plea bargains? or does that mean something else?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Razgovory

Quote from: HVC on August 11, 2011, 02:51:22 PM

Summary executions.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Aye.

So lets' see - what does dickwad who was only convicted for the frist time last october (got probation), and since then breached a no contact, missed 3 court appearances, no-showed on his weekend sentence, failed to do his hours, and failed to report to his PO get?

:rolleyes:

Ideologue

Quote from: Barrister on August 11, 2011, 05:10:55 PM

Aye.

So lets' see - what does dickwad who was only convicted for the frist time last october (got probation), and since then breached a no contact, missed 3 court appearances, no-showed on his weekend sentence, failed to do his hours, and failed to report to his PO get?

:rolleyes:

Stern talking to.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)