Britain burns - Chavs ruin civilization

Started by Tamas, August 07, 2011, 08:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Richard Hakluyt

It was actually Shih-Tzu Doggy Dog that Marty was quoting.

Martinus

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on August 14, 2011, 12:44:59 PM
I've always said we need more nutters in England.

Shouldn't of shipped them off to the colonies then.  :bowler:

Martinus

Neil

Firing machineguns into masses of looters would have been extremely effective.  What none of you seem to get is that continuing to dream up more and more 'human rights' will inevitably produce a less ordered society.  If all these people were hanged for thievery, Britain would become a better place.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 14, 2011, 12:43:13 PMMayor Nutter in Philly shows you how to do it. Give 'em a sermon, curfew the bastards and let the cops loose.

Precisely.  He gave the little shits the heads up, he established a curfew, and now the cops are waiting with the dogs and the gas at all the popular downtown flash spots.
A lot of teeniggers spent this weekend in jail.

Zanza

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on August 14, 2011, 04:13:42 AM
CCTV is deployed in public places, so it doesn't matter. Carrying ID is a gross imposition, Hugo Rifkind's response to it in a recent Spectator column is a typical response to it :

"It's summer, though, so columnist etiquette dictates that I ought to be telling you about my latest holiday, and the insights it gave me of home. Right? So here you go. I was on a train in Germany the other day, and a ­policeman with a gun demanded to see my papers.

He bloody did. And we're not talking tickets here, either. He wanted me to produce my passport, so as to prove that I was who I said I was. Apropos of nothing at all. It was something to do with the Schengen agreement, I gather, and the fact that I was quite near the Swiss border, even though I had no intention of crossing it. This sort of thing just happens in Germany, and nobody thinks it's weird. Nobody minds. Nobody says, 'By what law? How dare you!' and all the other things that David Davis and Shami Chakrabarti have told us we ought to say over here.

What shocked me the most was how much it shocked me. I flew into Gatwick last year with a brace of Telegraph columnists, and both of them were appalled at passport control when I told them I'd registered for the iris scan. 'Don't you mind surrendering that information?' they said, and I thought, well, no. It's my eye. I really don't mind people knowing I have it.

I understand all that civil liberties stuff, intellectually and emotionally, too, but I've always struggled to share it. Who really gives a damn, I always thought. Until now. This is my line in the sand. A man with a gun, on a train, insisting, without reason, that I prove I am who I am. Brrr. Not here."

I appreciate that foreigners may feel different, but this is how most British people feel and we are entitled to arrange matters in the UK to suit our own preferences.

I've never ever been asked by police for my ID card in Germany (except at the airport), so I wouldn't know whether the experience is as horrid as described here.

citizen k

Quote from: Zanza on August 14, 2011, 02:39:45 PM
I've never ever been asked by police for my ID card in Germany (except at the airport), so I wouldn't know whether the experience is as horrid as described here.

It's like the movie, "The Great Escape".

Eddie Teach

Or like Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. No papers = you take a shortcut off the aircraft.  :D
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Richard Hakluyt

@Zanza......it's not a big deal, I've lived in Germany and know that it is not a place of repressive horror  :D

But different nationalities have different opinions of what is OTT. In Britain CCTV is pretty uncontroversial, producing ID on demand to police whilst going about one's lawful business is very controversial. As I've said on this forum before, there is no way that I would ever carry a UK ID card. In fact I do not carry ID when I'm let loose on the Continent, usually leaving my passport in the hotel safe, though that makes me feel slightly guilty  :hmm:

Viking

I once bullied myself into Estonia when I thought we were in a passport union with them at the time... turns out we were not, I did have my passport in my pocket though.. I was making a point and being a dick.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Tamas

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on August 14, 2011, 04:30:15 PM
@Zanza......it's not a big deal, I've lived in Germany and know that it is not a place of repressive horror  :D

But different nationalities have different opinions of what is OTT. In Britain CCTV is pretty uncontroversial, producing ID on demand to police whilst going about one's lawful business is very controversial. As I've said on this forum before, there is no way that I would ever carry a UK ID card. In fact I do not carry ID when I'm let loose on the Continent, usually leaving my passport in the hotel safe, though that makes me feel slightly guilty  :hmm:

Was it in Paris when we shared a hotel room and I first saw you do that? I remember it was totally alien for me to see a bloke just wander off in to a foreign city without any document of identification. :D

But I only carry my driver's license on me when abroad, leaving the passport at the hotel. The driver's ID should be enough for the police in schengen country, and the passport is way too important to be stolen from me while I am busy falling over benches and stuff.

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Tamas on August 14, 2011, 05:13:10 PM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on August 14, 2011, 04:30:15 PM

The driver's ID should be enough for the police in schengen country, and the passport is way too important to be stolen from me while I am busy falling over benches and stuff.

:D

Yeah, I like to have my passport somewhere safe as well, the hassle if one lost it or it was stolen whould be tremendous.

I did get stopped by Yugoslav police once (in Croatia but this was way back in the 70s so Yugoslavia), I think they wanted ID or may have wanted to tell us off for jaywalking. There was a bit of a language problem, ie total mutual incomprehension. Of course our passports were safely back at the campsite reception and we had no other ID on us. In the end I showed them the plastic chip that the campsite had given us and they let us go. I think they must have concluded that we were harmless idiots  :hmm:

Both we and the cops were very polite btw, it was not a threatening situation.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.