Britain burns - Chavs ruin civilization

Started by Tamas, August 07, 2011, 08:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 13, 2011, 08:34:08 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 13, 2011, 08:05:32 PM
They don't.  That's why they are so short.

Koreans are turning into the monsters of Asia.

Probably a result of eating dogs.  I suspect that that the addage "you are what you eat" is true in this case and the Koreans are turning into a race dog headed monsters.  The terrible new visage of the Korean people will likely tempt them into cannibalism.  A dog eat dog world, if you will.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

jimmy olsen

I was amazed at how tall the young people are here. There must be a 4 inch difference between those born in 1985 and 1965.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 13, 2011, 10:53:36 PM

I was amazed at how tall the young people are here. There must be a 4 inch difference between those born in 1985 and 1965.

And anyone born in or pre-1950s is really, really short. Malnutrition will do that.

QuoteProbably a result of eating dogs.  I suspect that that the addage "you are what you eat" is true in this case and the Koreans are turning into a race dog headed monsters.  The terrible new visage of the Korean people will likely tempt them into cannibalism.  A dog eat dog world, if you will.

But can they defeat the Tiger Penis Chinese?
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Razgovory

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on August 13, 2011, 10:59:39 PM

But can they defeat the Tiger Penis Chinese?

I don't want to know what kind of terrible creatures the Chinese will turn into.

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Martinus on August 13, 2011, 04:25:30 PM
For anyone interested, there is a slew of rather interesting articles about the riots in this week's The Economist.

It appears the British police did nothing wrong per se - it was simply devoid of tools to combat the new "flash mob" style rioting (thanks to Black Berries the rioters turned themselves effectively formless, a'la Sun Tzu's teachings).

My personal, rather disturbing, conclusion from all this is that there will be stronger than ever pressure on breaching online communication privacy by the police from now on.

I really think that only minor tinkering with the police is necessary.........and even that tinkering should be on the operational side of things, such as how to rapidly increase numbers if a situation is escalating. The cops should be able to make the required changes themselves.

The real problem is that part of the underclass that totally lack any of the moral inhibitions that turn the vast majority of us into law-abiding citizens. To sort this out will be a long term project requiring great clarity of thought and action.

One hypothesis, that I have not seen advanced so far, is that the English mob is merely the first to have latched on to the opportunities for more effective rioting provided by the new media. (Correction.........maybe some of the "Arab Spring" events have used it). Maybe the banner "coming to your country soon" should feature on the video clips of the rioting and looting. FWIW I still think that Britain is further down the road of social changes caused by industrialisation than nearly anywhere else in the world, the disconnection and anomie of at least parts of the underclass seems to have gone further than elsewhere. Interesting times.

Tamas

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 13, 2011, 07:49:15 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on August 11, 2011, 12:09:18 PM
Quote from: derspiess on August 11, 2011, 12:03:17 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on August 11, 2011, 11:15:17 AM
Lemons and lime the same thing?  Who was the argument between, Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles?

Apparently, in Mexico they use limón to refer to both lemon and lime.  I think the rest of Latin America tends to differentiate the two-- usually into limón and lima, respectively.

I mean, they're similar, but seems like they'd be forced to differentiate "limon verde" and "limon amarillo."  And maybe they do, since when I google "limon verde" I get tons of pictures of limes. :P
It's impossible to get limes in Korea! :angry:

How do you know that? Did Ide tell you?  :huh:

Martinus

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on August 14, 2011, 01:15:58 AM
Quote from: Martinus on August 13, 2011, 04:25:30 PM
For anyone interested, there is a slew of rather interesting articles about the riots in this week's The Economist.

It appears the British police did nothing wrong per se - it was simply devoid of tools to combat the new "flash mob" style rioting (thanks to Black Berries the rioters turned themselves effectively formless, a'la Sun Tzu's teachings).

My personal, rather disturbing, conclusion from all this is that there will be stronger than ever pressure on breaching online communication privacy by the police from now on.

I really think that only minor tinkering with the police is necessary.........and even that tinkering should be on the operational side of things, such as how to rapidly increase numbers if a situation is escalating. The cops should be able to make the required changes themselves.

The real problem is that part of the underclass that totally lack any of the moral inhibitions that turn the vast majority of us into law-abiding citizens. To sort this out will be a long term project requiring great clarity of thought and action.

One hypothesis, that I have not seen advanced so far, is that the English mob is merely the first to have latched on to the opportunities for more effective rioting provided by the new media. (Correction.........maybe some of the "Arab Spring" events have used it). Maybe the banner "coming to your country soon" should feature on the video clips of the rioting and looting. FWIW I still think that Britain is further down the road of social changes caused by industrialisation than nearly anywhere else in the world, the disconnection and anomie of at least parts of the underclass seems to have gone further than elsewhere. Interesting times.

Actually, that seems to be one of the conclusions from The Economist's articles too - that police is simply not equipped to deal with a "flash mob style" tactics from the rioters (and this is why I formed my prediction that this may lead to greater calls for internet control, as social media etc. are the main means of communication for flash mobs of various kind).

There is also another point that this thing has hit Britain particularly bad, because of its status as a "middle ground" between Europe and the US - which in this particular instance conspired to make it the worst of two worlds - relatively lax, European-style attitude to policing, coupled with US-style social inequalities. I would also add that Britain, like the US, has a much more allergic attitude to measures of populace control, such as IDs which may have contributed.

The Brain

Quote from: Martinus on August 14, 2011, 03:33:04 AM
I would also add that Britain, like the US, has a much more allergic attitude to measures of populace control, such as IDs which may have contributed.

What exactly do you mean by populace control? Britain's love affair with for instance surveillance is notorious.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Zanza

There is also another point that this thing has hit Britain particularly bad, because of its status as a "middle ground" between Europe and the US - which in this particular instance conspired to make it the worst of two worlds - relatively lax, European-style attitude to policing, coupled with US-style social inequalities. I would also add that Britain, like the US, has a much more allergic attitude to measures of populace control, such as IDs which may have contributed.
Oh please. Britain has by far the highest number of CCTV and that's much more population control than an ID card could ever be.

EDIT: Heh, Brain was a few seconds faster.

Martinus

Quote from: The Brain on August 14, 2011, 03:35:53 AM
I would also add that Britain, like the US, has a much more allergic attitude to measures of populace control, such as IDs which may have contributed.

What exactly do you mean by populace control? Britain's love affair with for instance surveillance is notorious.

But they freaked out about IDs.

Richard Hakluyt

CCTV is deployed in public places, so it doesn't matter. Carrying ID is a gross imposition, Hugo Rifkind's response to it in a recent Spectator column is a typical response to it :

"It's summer, though, so columnist etiquette dictates that I ought to be telling you about my latest holiday, and the insights it gave me of home. Right? So here you go. I was on a train in Germany the other day, and a ­policeman with a gun demanded to see my papers.

He bloody did. And we're not talking tickets here, either. He wanted me to produce my passport, so as to prove that I was who I said I was. Apropos of nothing at all. It was something to do with the Schengen agreement, I gather, and the fact that I was quite near the Swiss border, even though I had no intention of crossing it. This sort of thing just happens in Germany, and nobody thinks it's weird. Nobody minds. Nobody says, 'By what law? How dare you!' and all the other things that David Davis and Shami Chakrabarti have told us we ought to say over here.

What shocked me the most was how much it shocked me. I flew into Gatwick last year with a brace of Telegraph columnists, and both of them were appalled at passport control when I told them I'd registered for the iris scan. 'Don't you mind surrendering that information?' they said, and I thought, well, no. It's my eye. I really don't mind people knowing I have it.

I understand all that civil liberties stuff, intellectually and emotionally, too, but I've always struggled to share it. Who really gives a damn, I always thought. Until now. This is my line in the sand. A man with a gun, on a train, insisting, without reason, that I prove I am who I am. Brrr. Not here."

I appreciate that foreigners may feel different, but this is how most British people feel and we are entitled to arrange matters in the UK to suit our own preferences.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

jimmy olsen

Saw the session of Parliament on this while on vacation. All parties involved seemed much more dignified and competent then those who currently reside in Congress. <_<
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point