Britain burns - Chavs ruin civilization

Started by Tamas, August 07, 2011, 08:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 13, 2011, 04:04:40 PM
Wales gets cold and lonely sometimes.

Yes, thus the unnamed thing that the welsh are best at. But I'm pretty sure that "nuclear physics" is a euphemism for that. "astrophysics" maybe, what with black holes and whatnot... but not "nuclear physics"
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Martinus

For anyone interested, there is a slew of rather interesting articles about the riots in this week's The Economist.

It appears the British police did nothing wrong per se - it was simply devoid of tools to combat the new "flash mob" style rioting (thanks to Black Berries the rioters turned themselves effectively formless, a'la Sun Tzu's teachings).

My personal, rather disturbing, conclusion from all this is that there will be stronger than ever pressure on breaching online communication privacy by the police from now on.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on August 13, 2011, 04:25:30 PM
For anyone interested, there is a slew of rather interesting articles about the riots in this week's The Economist.

It appears the British police did nothing wrong per se - it was simply devoid of tools to combat the new "flash mob" style rioting (thanks to Black Berries the rioters turned themselves effectively formless, a'la Sun Tzu's teachings).

My personal, rather disturbing, conclusion from all this is that there will be stronger than ever pressure on breaching online communication privacy by the police from now on.

This does not disturb me in the slightest.  It's my hope that one day your posts here will be hung on the walls of your workplace.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Solmyr

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 13, 2011, 03:45:10 PM
Why would I have used the quote marks if I actually meant nuclear physics? :contract:

It's not Denise Richards, is it?

The Brain

We are getting closer to the inevitable: mandatory personal gps positioning.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Neil

Quote from: The Brain on August 13, 2011, 04:30:50 PM
That's a good thing.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on August 13, 2011, 05:50:15 PM
Quote from: The Brain on August 13, 2011, 04:30:50 PM
That's a good thing.

Yeah, they are going to find I don't go very many places.

8:00 - Raz still in house

10:00 - Raz still in house

12:00 - Raz still in house

2:00 - Raz still in house

4:00 - Raz checks his mail

6:00 - Raz still in house

etc
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Neil

Yeah, but they don't really care about you.  Your madness makes you orderly.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on August 11, 2011, 12:09:18 PM
Quote from: derspiess on August 11, 2011, 12:03:17 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on August 11, 2011, 11:15:17 AM
Lemons and lime the same thing?  Who was the argument between, Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles?

Apparently, in Mexico they use limón to refer to both lemon and lime.  I think the rest of Latin America tends to differentiate the two-- usually into limón and lima, respectively.

I mean, they're similar, but seems like they'd be forced to differentiate "limon verde" and "limon amarillo."  And maybe they do, since when I google "limon verde" I get tons of pictures of limes. :P
It's impossible to get limes in Korea! :angry:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on August 13, 2011, 08:05:32 PM
They don't.  That's why they are so short.

Koreans are turning into the monsters of Asia.