Britain burns - Chavs ruin civilization

Started by Tamas, August 07, 2011, 08:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Solmyr on August 11, 2011, 05:37:23 PM
This reminds me of something a history lecturer of mine said. The Russian Empire was quite gentle with its subject peoples compared to some.

Ah - must be Professor Jackov.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

garbon

My London colleagues said they were happy to be here in New York - although the one said she had hoped to move her car closer to the riots as she thought it was worth more torched than unharmed. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Quote from: Viking on August 11, 2011, 07:32:02 PM
Quote from: Neil on August 11, 2011, 07:28:28 PM
I don't recall the British ever machinegunning Scots.

Besides, they wouldn't be butchering Martinus because of his Polackosity, but rather his faggishness.

The scots were subdued at Cullodden. No need for Maxim guns.

Edit: Or dreadnaughts.

Scots nationalists hate it when you bring up Culloden.

I bring it up whenever I can.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: Ideologue on August 11, 2011, 08:15:21 PM

I imagine that impresses the people of South Carolina.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Quote from: Razgovory on August 11, 2011, 08:54:02 PM

We live in a globalized world.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on August 11, 2011, 08:54:31 PM

sadly. damn furriners.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Ohio is just as foreign to me...really more foreign.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

I bet that impresses the people of South Carolina as well.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Quote from: Razgovory on August 11, 2011, 09:10:49 PM

I bet that impresses the people of South Carolina as well.

It does.  I can speak intelligently about Quebec, for example--by my count, one third of all Quebecois are nihilist homosexuals, one third don't have fire discipline, and one third lives in France.
Kinemalogue

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 11, 2011, 09:09:44 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on August 11, 2011, 09:06:43 PM
Quote from: garbon on August 11, 2011, 08:57:35 PM
Ohio is just as foreign to me...really more foreign.

Racist.

Racist towards methheads and hilljacks? nah.

Exactly. It isn't racism that spurs my feelings.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall