Britain burns - Chavs ruin civilization

Started by Tamas, August 07, 2011, 08:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on August 10, 2011, 12:01:21 PM
That fellow who had his backpack rifled whilst looters pretended to help him has been identified :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14476828

A Malaysian accountancy student, poor bastard won a scholarship and has only been here a month. I find it a rather shaming story  :(

While it is a fucking tragedy, and watching it makes me want to hurt someone, the whole situation also provokes my sense of morbid humour.

"Welcome to England" *YOINK*

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on August 10, 2011, 11:41:29 AM
Quote from: Martim Silva on August 10, 2011, 10:56:43 AM
Yes, but in Continental Europe and the US that also means "retarded idiot", for historical reasons.

Meh, if Spanish-speakers can say polaco without it being offensive, we can use 'Polack'.  I've never met any Poles or Polish-Americans who actually get offended by the term anyway.

QuoteVery much like calling a Pakistani a 'Paki'.

Except that calling someone with some Indian heritage a 'Paki' is lazy racism, as Brazen mentioned.  And in the UK, 'Paki' draws a much stronger reaction than 'Polack' ever has in the US.

You can get away with it because Poles never formed effective crime syndicates in this country.  You insult an Irishman, he'll beat the shit out you.  You insult an Italian, he'll get his pals and then beat the shit out of you.  You insult a Jew, he'll get his friends and beat the shit out you then sue you.  You insult a Pole, he'll just stare at you while you walk him through what you just said.

God only know what happens to you if you insult a Russian.  They'll probably end up eating you or something.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Quote from: Syt on August 10, 2011, 10:38:36 AM
Quote from: Martinus on August 10, 2011, 08:23:25 AM
Quote from: Warspite on August 10, 2011, 08:18:56 AM
The 2010 Student Protests were not a riot.

Yeah, that was totally not staged for effect.

While a hurricane kick does indeed look cool, it is not the best way to complete the bonus stage for maximum points.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Neil on August 10, 2011, 11:29:54 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on August 10, 2011, 10:23:53 AM
Quote from: DontSayBanana on August 09, 2011, 10:27:40 PM
Touche, but on the other hand, the Braddock siblings are almost as bad as Jean Grey and Madeline Pryor as far as dysfunctional families are concerned.  Not to mention Rachel Summers. :contract:
But Betsy Braddock and Rachel Summers were hot.
Kitty Pryde?

Who do I look like, Siegebreaker?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Slargos

Norwegian newspapers are reporting "Anger over the killing of Duggan" as cause for the riots. No notion of the fact that while it may have been the spark, the current rioters certainly have other motivations.

I would expect the Norwegian school system also teaches regicide as the cause for WW1.  :rolleyes:

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on August 10, 2011, 12:20:33 PM
Touche, but on the other hand, the Braddock siblings are almost as bad as Jean Grey and Madeline Pryor as far as dysfunctional families are concerned.  Not to mention Rachel Summers. :contract:
Kitty Pryde?
Didn't you read comics when you were a kid?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Slargos on August 10, 2011, 12:26:30 PM
I would expect the Norwegian school system also teaches regicide as the cause for WW1.  :rolleyes:
I rather doubt it, as that would support a pro-Central Powers narrative.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Quote from: Neil on August 10, 2011, 12:41:17 PM
Kitty Pryde?

I think when I was a kid I had a crush on Jean Grey. :hmm:
Kinemalogue

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on August 10, 2011, 08:56:15 AM
I also recommend especially Berkut's and grumbler's posts in this thread, which call my prediction of social unrests in the UK as an evidence of me being an ignorant Pollack who has no idea about the real state of the European countries.

I feel vindicated.  :cool:
And I feel vindicated as well, since none of the descriptions of Britain you posted were true... and the Morlocks haven't eaten the Eloi.

Britain continues to manufacture in spite of you, alas.  Or maybe they continue to manufacture to spite you!  :P
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Viking

Quote from: Ideologue on August 10, 2011, 12:53:25 PM

When I was a young teen I had a crush on all female comic book characters with big tits.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Slargos

Quote from: grumbler on August 10, 2011, 01:55:18 PM
Quote from: Martinus on August 10, 2011, 08:56:15 AM
I also recommend especially Berkut's and grumbler's posts in this thread, which call my prediction of social unrests in the UK as an evidence of me being an ignorant Pollack who has no idea about the real state of the European countries.

I feel vindicated.  :cool:
And I feel vindicated as well, since none of the descriptions of Britain you posted were true... and the Morlocks haven't eaten the Eloi.

Britain continues to manufacture in spite of you, alas.  Or maybe they continue to manufacture to spite you!  :P

Martinus: "Dude. Keep your voice down or we'll all soon be covered in snow."

Grumbler: "Haha. You're an idiot. That is impossible. The sun is out and there's not a cloud in sight."

Martinus: "Shit, man. I told you so. Look!"

Grumbler: "Haha, you moron, there's still no snow on me."

Martinus: "..."

Grumbler: "..."

Sheilbh

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on August 10, 2011, 12:01:21 PMA Malaysian accountancy student, poor bastard won a scholarship and has only been here a month. I find it a rather shaming story  :(
Group's been set up (via twitter) to pay for his mum to come and visit :)

QuoteRiots are a part of the British political system, a counterbalance to the overwhelming power of Parliament  ;)
I've been reading Peter Ackroyd's 'London' (I can't recommend it enough) and the section on the mob suggests that riots are very much part of London's life.
Let's bomb Russia!

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on August 10, 2011, 12:53:25 PM
Quote from: Neil on August 10, 2011, 12:41:17 PM
Kitty Pryde?
You know, there were an awful lot of redheads in comic books of that period.  I think that someone at Marvel had a thing for redheads.

I found it easy to empathize with Kitty because she was young like me.

Neil

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 10, 2011, 02:25:42 PM
I've been reading Peter Ackroyd's 'London' (I can't recommend it enough) and the section on the mob suggests that riots are very much part of London's life.
I've been reading that as well.