News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How to live to be 100...

Started by Princesca, August 05, 2011, 04:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princesca

"You know what I hate about deep space? Crap radio stations from two hundred years back. My gosh, we were idiots." - Joker, Mass Effect 2

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines." - Emerson

Cecil

Well considering all my four grandparents are either close to ninety or have passed it and in good health without any chronic diseases I have good hope to be able to live a long life. Maybe even to break the magic centenial barrier.

Grallon

Who would want to live to 100 when it's already a drag and I'm not 50 yet!?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Razgovory

Quote from: Cecil on August 05, 2011, 05:32:16 PM
Well considering all my four grandparents are either close to ninety or have passed it and in good health without any chronic diseases I have good hope to be able to live a long life. Maybe even to break the magic centenial barrier.

Few of mine lived past 55.  Of course, being a gangster can do that to you.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Slargos

There's a shocker.

I'll just keep consuming nicotine and trans-fats THANK YOU VERY MUCH.  :licklips:

Eddie Teach

Zoom around on your motorcycle at a hundred miles per hour while you're at it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Slargos

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 06, 2011, 03:35:37 PM
Zoom around on your motorcycle at a hundred miles per hour while you're at it.

:rolleyes:

Slow down? Niggah plz.

garbon

Quote from: Grallon on August 05, 2011, 06:45:27 PM
Who would want to live to 100 when it's already a drag and I'm not 50 yet!?

G.

Not all of us are emo like you. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grallon

Quote from: garbon on August 06, 2011, 04:27:06 PM

Not all of us are emo like you. :)

Yet I'm quite certain you will kill yourself before me. :)

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

garbon

Quote from: Grallon on August 06, 2011, 04:39:54 PM
Yet I'm quite certain you will kill yourself before me. :)

G.

Maybe, but I've always preferred flights of fancy to the monotony of thinking everyday that the world sucks. Doesn't that get tiresome?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

I'm unhappy enough turning 30.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

dps

Generally speaking, my life has gotten better as I've gotten older, so I'm looking to stick around as long as possible.

Grallon

Quote from: garbon on August 06, 2011, 04:42:09 PM

Maybe, but I've always preferred flights of fancy to the monotony of thinking everyday that the world sucks. Doesn't that get tiresome?

The World doesn't suck - it's Humanity that does.  And unless you have shit loads of money to put distance between it and you - you're stuck with them - and thus your life sucks.

G.

~Jean-François Revel

citizen k

Quote from: Grallon on August 06, 2011, 08:52:24 PM
Quote from: garbon on August 06, 2011, 04:42:09 PM

The World doesn't suck - it's Humanity that does.  And unless you have shit loads of money to put distance between it and you - you're stuck with them - and thus your life sucks.

G.

It doesn't take a shitload of money to get a little place out in the middle of nowhere. Otherwise there wouldn't be any rural poor.

garbon

Quote from: Grallon on August 06, 2011, 08:52:24 PM

G.

I've no idea what you are talking about. I moved to one of the most crowded islands and my life is fabulous. :cool: