News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Dozens held in Turkish 'coup plot'

Started by Savonarola, February 22, 2010, 11:21:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Neil on August 01, 2011, 08:47:29 AM
There wasn't as much interbreeding as you might think.  People didn't travel all that much.

I live in the middle of the country. Well, what was middle of the country when it was it's proper size, and I have known people with magyar, german, serbian, bosnian, and who knows what last names.
I know about one german great-grandfather which puts me in the minority among my peers.

There WAS that many interbreeding, mostly because -thanks to Turks- a lot of mainland Hungary, ie. the frontier of the austro-turk wars, became unpopulated.. These holes were filled by German settlers mostly, but also by slavs.

Neil

'Proper size'?  Hungary is its proper size right now.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Tamas

Quote from: Neil on August 01, 2011, 09:11:19 AM

Like fuck it is.

Neil

Quote from: Tamas on August 01, 2011, 09:15:28 AM
Like fuck it is.
Hungary is paying for its sins against the Austrian Empire.  If they had partitioned the whole country between Poland, Romania and Czechoslovakia, it would still have been just.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Tamas

Quote from: Neil on August 01, 2011, 09:25:01 AM
Like fuck it is.
Hungary is paying for its sins against the Austrian Empire.  If they had partitioned the whole country between Poland, Romania and Czechoslovakia, it would still have been just.

Neil

Tamas

Quote from: Neil on August 01, 2011, 09:51:01 AM
OK, Balkantard.

:lol: so I wanted to see if there is a "this is hungary!" version of the "this is sparta!" meme. There isn't, but, as a result I stumbled upon the page of some teenage girl from Eastern Hungary, who appears to be the fan of two things: neo nazi metal bands, and.... anime.

What a wonderful world  :lol:

Zoupa

Valmy

Like fuck it is.

Hungary's government is so inept and corrupt it would indeed be proper for them to control a much smaller territory...like say maybe a small village in Transdanubia.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on August 01, 2011, 12:30:35 PM

Like fuck it is.

Hungary's government is so inept and corrupt it would indeed be proper for them to control a much smaller territory...like say maybe a small village in Transdanubia.

Hungary is the people who consider themselves Magyar, not our government. :)

Tamas

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Neil

Quote from: Tamas on August 01, 2011, 12:51:27 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 01, 2011, 12:30:35 PM
Like fuck it is.
Hungary is the people who consider themselves Magyar, not our government. :)
The governments have been chosen by the people, and they have been invariably bad.

Razgovory

Like fuck it is.

I think 50 thousand T-34s disagreed.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017