News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Most overrated WW2 commander

Started by Threviel, July 28, 2011, 02:27:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is the most overrated commander of WW2?

Rommel
9 (17.3%)
von Manstein
0 (0%)
Guderian
0 (0%)
von Rundstedt
1 (1.9%)
Kesselring
0 (0%)
Montgomery
11 (21.2%)
Slim
0 (0%)
Auchinleck
0 (0%)
Bomber Harris
1 (1.9%)
Cunningham
0 (0%)
de Gaulle
2 (3.8%)
Eisenhower
0 (0%)
MacArthur
7 (13.5%)
Patton
11 (21.2%)
Nimitz
1 (1.9%)
Halsey
0 (0%)
Zhukov
5 (9.6%)
Rokossovsky
0 (0%)
Konev
0 (0%)
Vasilevsky
0 (0%)
Timoshenko
0 (0%)
Chiang Kai-Chek
0 (0%)
Mao
2 (3.8%)
Tito
0 (0%)
Yamashita
0 (0%)
Yamamoto
0 (0%)
Nagumo
0 (0%)
Mannerheim
0 (0%)
Jaron/other
2 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 51

PDH

Quote from: Ideologue on July 30, 2011, 08:27:22 AM
Then Budyonyy also demands a gold star as well as a vat of wine to swim around in with hookers.

Verdict: UNDERRATED.
Don't forget the 'stache.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: PDH on July 30, 2011, 12:48:34 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on July 30, 2011, 08:27:22 AM
Then Budyonyy also demands a gold star as well as a vat of wine to swim around in with hookers.

Verdict: UNDERRATED.
Don't forget the 'stache.

:yes: Greatest facial hair since Burnside.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Viking

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on July 30, 2011, 03:27:25 PM

:yes: Greatest facial hair since Burnside.

to justify why Kitchener's 'stache isn't good enough.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

grumbler

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 29, 2011, 06:11:27 PM
Grabner's death ride.   :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiiUJ4sDuX0
You're right.  The most over-rated general was the one who thought the PIAT was a good idea.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Neil

Quote from: Oexmelin on July 29, 2011, 11:35:48 AM
Quote from: Warspite on July 29, 2011, 09:48:42 AM
More people know who Tito was than would know any Canadian general, ever.
Indeed. I didn't even know who Crerar was.

Maybe this calls for a poll: "Most unrated WW2 commanders".
:lol:

Slim would probably still win.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 30, 2011, 08:27:33 AM
Oh, and Monty can eat the peanuts out of my star-spangled shit.  Fucker took years off Ike's life, just by being in the room.
And Ike's mistreatment of Nixon justifies Monty's attitude towards Ike.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on August 01, 2011, 10:28:04 PM
Oh, and Monty can eat the peanuts out of my star-spangled shit.  Fucker took years off Ike's life, just by being in the room.

Shut the fuck up, junior varsity.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 01, 2011, 10:29:17 PM
Quote from: Neil on August 01, 2011, 10:28:04 PM
Shut the fuck up, junior varsity.
Watch your tone.  You're going to be begging me to help you with your imigration as a reference when President Bachmann gets inaugurated.

CountDeMoney

Zoupa or Grey Fox will sponsor me.  Vive Le Montreal!

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 01, 2011, 10:42:16 PM
You still need me not to warn the feds about your nigger-hating.

DGuller

I'll just ask Zoupa for a cyanide cap if Bachmann presidency comes to pass.  It's probably cheaper in Canadian drug stores.

Barrister

I dare say I have more pull within CIC (Citizenship and Immigration Canada) then the rest of Languish Canada put together.  I know Minister Kenney from way back in Reform, not to mention my history as a long-serving servant of Her Majesty. :shifty:

Now despite being a filthy Democrat, I mostly like you.  Mostly.  So I might be persuaded to let your many transgressions pass...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Viking

Quote from: Barrister on August 01, 2011, 11:50:01 PM

I dare say I have more pull within CIC (Citizenship and Immigration Canada) then the rest of Languish Canada put together.  I know Minister Kenney from way back in Reform, not to mention my history as a long-serving servant of Her Majesty. :shifty:

Now despite being a filthy Democrat, I mostly like you.  Mostly.  So I might be persuaded to let your many transgressions pass...

<_<

Surely you are not suggesting that your personal connections might be used to arrange for your friends to be fast tracked through the system?

:hmm:
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Zoupa

Quote from: DGuller on August 01, 2011, 11:07:29 PM
I'll just ask Zoupa for a cyanide cap if Bachmann presidency comes to pass.  It's probably cheaper in Canadian drug stores.

I give massive discounts on cyanide to Amerikkkans.

As in, 5 finger discount.

Free 99.

Love y'all!  :sleep:

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Barrister on August 01, 2011, 11:50:01 PM

Snag me citizenship!  It's too damn hot here in New York.  I need to travel north. :Canuck:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."