Heck no, I get robbed daily by [insert ethnic slur here]
6 (10.3%)
Yes, some change for when the need arises
29 (50%)
I carry enough cash for a week's use
19 (32.8%)
I mostly pay with cash, even my bills
2 (3.4%)
My name is Glenn Beck, and I only pay with gold. Or beets.
2 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Josquius

Quote from: Brazen on July 27, 2011, 09:19:12 AM
I get a week's worth out at a time so I don't overspend. I am teh poor.

I want to punch the students round where I work who use a card to buy a single sandwich or a pint.
These people paying on their card at a busy bar anger me greatly.
Was a hallmark of the Stockholm rahs at uni.
██████
██████
██████

DGuller

Quote from: Norgy on July 27, 2011, 12:20:20 PM
Quote from: Jacob on July 27, 2011, 11:50:36 AM

... Norgy, are you planning a world tour funded by mugging languishites?

Actually, I have this friend from Eastern Europe...

The reason I came up with the poll, was that a neighbour dropped by yesterday evening and asked for a thousand NOK in cash for the bills we've been racking up redecorating. Unsurprisingly, I had more than enough cash at hand, since I routinely withdraw a certain amount each week, stash most of it in a drawer and carry about a 1000 (a bit more than 100 pounds/Euros and a bit less than 200 dollars) on me. A few years back, I'd never had that kind of cash on me, and I was wondering if it was due to oldmaningitis on my part.
Now that I think about it, I do carry cash when I go play poker.  It's about $500 if it's a home game, and several times that amount if it's in Atlantic City.  I've had many more good days than bad days in the last year or two playing poker, so I slowly had cash piling up in my desk drawer.  Now that I'm moving out and cleaning out, it turns out that I managed to pile up about $11,000 in cash.  :ph34r:  I think it's time to deposit some of it.

Syt

I carry cash for small purchases or lunch (restaurants usually prefer cash), but most of my shopping is by card.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

katmai

Usually carry $30-50 on me. If on location and payed per diem have that amount on me.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Norgy

You get paid in dead South Vietnamese presidents? War's over man. Let it go.

Habbaku

I want to punch the students round where I work who use a card to buy a single sandwich or a pint.

Why?  Cards are faster and easier.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

I carry enough money for two bus rides.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Iormlund

I only use cards to buy on the Net or fill up the tank. Bills go directly to a bank account. Day to day stuff I pay with cash.

Josquius

Quote from: Habbaku on July 27, 2011, 01:31:39 PM

Generally not.  Its not like an oyster card, scan and go, there's the computer working and checking the card, the entering the validation (whether it be a pin or signature), the  checking that, etc....
Money tend to come out a lot quicker.
██████
██████
██████

Habbaku

Maybe in the UK.  In a standard store in the USA, I swipe my card, the cashier hits a button and the transaction is over in seconds.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Brain

Quote from: Habbaku on July 27, 2011, 03:02:14 PM
Maybe in the UK.  In a standard store in the USA, I swipe my card, the cashier hits a button and the transaction is over in seconds.

America is a country where security is a dirty word.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Fate

Quote from: Tyr on July 27, 2011, 02:59:57 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on July 27, 2011, 01:31:39 PM

Generally not.  Its not like an oyster card, scan and go, there's the computer working and checking the card, the entering the validation (whether it be a pin or signature), the  checking that, etc....
Money tend to come out a lot quicker.
Eh, no. Swipe and done.

dps

Ed Anger

I carry cash and I carry a gun. No worries.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

FunkMonk

This thread reminds me of the time asshole English hackers were using my credit card number in Tescos across the island.

Fuck.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.