Heck no, I get robbed daily by [insert ethnic slur here]
6 (10.3%)
Yes, some change for when the need arises
29 (50%)
I carry enough cash for a week's use
19 (32.8%)
I mostly pay with cash, even my bills
2 (3.4%)
My name is Glenn Beck, and I only pay with gold. Or beets.
2 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Norgy

I never used to carry much cash, mostly because Oslo wasn't all that safe all the time, and because I never had much money anyway. Nowadays, I tend to make a cash withdrawal each week for running expenses like groceries and pay my bills electronically. Is using cash weird? I tend to lose overview when I pay with my debit card.

I haven't included cheques, because it simply isn't used here anymore.

Grey Fox

I carry a dollar or 3 in spare change. If I have cash on me, its because someone gave it to me.

I pay everything with a credit card, except my hairdresser. I pay her in cash.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Brazen

I get a week's worth out at a time so I don't overspend. I am teh poor.

I want to punch the students round where I work who use a card to buy a single sandwich or a pint.

DGuller

Not having cash is not necessarily a good thing if you're robbed.  I didn't have any cash at all when I was mugged, which meant that I was taken to an ATM machine to get some.  That's a far more dangerous situation, not to mention more expensive.

I typically carry the cash for petty purchases, like a pack of gum, or for vending machines.  I also sometimes use cash so that I could get quarters in change, since the coffee machine at works requires quarters to operate.

Neil

Quote from: Brazen on July 27, 2011, 09:19:12 AM
I want to punch the students round where I work who use a card to buy a single sandwich or a pint.
It's the way of the future.  If you're not on board, then you might as well then you better hold down your flapper dress so that noone sees your petticoats when you're dancing the Charleston, and whatnot.

Mind you, I always carry a fair bit of cash on me.  It accumulates over the course of the month, and then I deposit it in the bank.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

I only have cash here when going out as there seem to be several bars that only take cash...oh and when traveling to pay tolls as I'm too lame to get an EZPASS. :weep:  Otherwise, never.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

I guess that means that none of those options apply.  And I'd never be caught with change (coins). :x
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: garbon on July 27, 2011, 09:28:54 AM
I guess that means that none of those options apply.  And I'd never be caught with change (coins). :x
Yeah, coins are pretty terrible.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on July 27, 2011, 09:28:18 AM
I only have cash here when going out as there seem to be several bars that only take cash...oh and when traveling to pay tolls as I'm too lame to get an EZPASS. :weep:  Otherwise, never.
Isn't it extremely impractical to not have EZ pass?  I often see very long traffic backups to the manned booths, and zero traffic to the EZ pass booths, in places like Holland Tunnel on the Jersey side (which generates very dangerous traffic patterns, among other things).

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Slargos

I carry an Undset most of the time, since I frequently run into situations where only cash will do.

The vietnameese, for instance, never accept cards for some reason.  <_<

Admiral Yi

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on July 27, 2011, 09:23:05 AM
Not having cash is not necessarily a good thing if you're robbed.  I didn't have any cash at all when I was mugged, which meant that I was taken to an ATM machine to get some.  That's a far more dangerous situation, not to mention more expensive.

Oh, that was you?  Sorry.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

HVC

i carry and pay in cash for day to day stuff. credit or debit Card for larger purchses, and internet banking for bills.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

MadBurgerMaker

The only time I ever have cash on me is when I've been somewhere that doesn't take cards and needed to withdraw some.  If there's an unused amount, it then just sits in my wallet, forgotten, until I happen to be somewhere that requires it again. 

It's not because of the Mexicans or anything though.