Vince Cable: Right wing nutters threaten financial markets

Started by Martinus, July 24, 2011, 02:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frunk

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 26, 2011, 02:32:09 PM
Quote from: frunk on July 26, 2011, 10:37:25 AM
You mean other than the Bush tax cuts that were supposed to be a temporary stimulus, and have now become effectively permanent?  Despite the fact that if they had been rolled back on time this mess wouldn't be nearly as bad?

Good Lord, are there really people out there that think the Bush tax cuts got extended by the Republicans? :huh:

Hmm, never said it was just the Republicans.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 26, 2011, 02:32:09 PM
Quote from: frunk on July 26, 2011, 10:37:25 AM
You mean other than the Bush tax cuts that were supposed to be a temporary stimulus, and have now become effectively permanent?  Despite the fact that if they had been rolled back on time this mess wouldn't be nearly as bad?

Good Lord, are there really people out there that think the Bush tax cuts got extended by the Republicans? :huh:

Are you saying Republicans weren't involved?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on July 26, 2011, 09:52:59 AM
Quote from: Neil on July 25, 2011, 07:22:42 PM
Quote from: Palisadoes on July 25, 2011, 06:49:03 PM
I think dear Vince is letting his ideology get in the way on this one: it takes two to tango, and it is not just the "right-wing nutters" who are holding up this supply bill (or whatever it is), but also the Democrats.
The Republicans do deserve more blame than the Democrats though.  At least the Democrats are willing to talk about cuts, even though they're somewhat disingenuous about it and we all know that talking about cutting things in five years is the same as not cutting them at all.  The Republicans are trying to push a poison doctrine of ever-lower taxes, and so are crazier.
The GOP is not trying to lower taxes.
They don't want to raise them.  Pure idiocy.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on July 26, 2011, 04:38:49 PM
Are you saying Republicans weren't involved?

What I'm saying is that when an extension is proposed by a Democratic president, passed by a Democrat controlled House and a Democrat controlled Senate, and signed into law by a Democratic president, it's a bit of a stretch to say the Republicans extended the Bush tax cuts.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.