Breaking News - Major Terrorist Attack In Oslo, Norway

Started by mongers, July 22, 2011, 09:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

Ah yes. I concur. We must strictly limit the capabilities of these monsters to communicate.

I would suggest setting up a system of servers that monitors all communication across the internet and censors hate speech. Furthermore, a system of quicker and easier identification of perpetrators. Probably a biometric login system mandatory on all terminals that connect to the internet. Phones, computers, gaming systems etc. Then everyone guilty of spreading hate speech can be rounded up and depending on the severity of their transgressions either imprisoned, executed or sent to re-education camps in those cases that there is a possibility of salvage.

What do you think, Gups?

Gups

Gups

Though at least you leaven your hateful ideology with a bit of humour and self-awareness.

Grallon has nothing else going for him at all.

The Brain

Quote from: Slargos on July 25, 2011, 10:23:27 AM
Ah yes. I concur. We must strictly limit the capabilities of these monsters to communicate.

I would suggest setting up a system of servers that monitors all communication across the internet and censors hate speech. Furthermore, a system of quicker and easier identification of perpetrators. Probably a biometric login system mandatory on all terminals that connect to the internet. Phones, computers, gaming systems etc. Then everyone guilty of spreading hate speech can be rounded up and depending on the severity of their transgressions either imprisoned, executed or sent to re-education camps in those cases that there is a possibility of salvage.

What do you think, Gups?

Can the system be used against anime?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on July 25, 2011, 09:32:59 AM
Apparently, the mats the guy used to build his bomb were sold to him by a Polish businessman from Wroclaw(Breslau).

Poland! Poland! Poland!  :showoff:

Wow, Wroclaw is Breslau? I heard it's a nice place, my company has a new office there, my office might be closed because of them one day. :D

Slargos

Quote from: Gups on July 25, 2011, 10:25:29 AM
Though at least you leaven your hateful ideology with a bit of humour and self-awareness.

If you can't laugh at all the insanity, what can you do?

I found a hilarious picture the other day, that I will repost here once the heat dies off. It was truly sublime.

Viking

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 25, 2011, 08:59:10 AM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on July 24, 2011, 04:43:01 PM
Are you guys familiar with the maxim "hard cases make bad law" ?

One of the problems of the past 20 years or so is that this maxim has been forgotten or disregarded.  Norway is a lovely country, with excellent systems and laws vast oil deposits that have made most people's lives there pretty good.

FYP

cause vast oil deposits worked so well for Nigeria and Venezuela.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

The Brain

Quote from: Slargos on July 25, 2011, 10:33:51 AM
Quote from: Gups on July 25, 2011, 10:25:29 AM

If you can't laugh at all the insanity, what can you do?

Now you just sound like a psychiatrist.

Jacob

Quote from: Tamas on July 25, 2011, 03:07:24 AM
well it should be fairly easy: everything goes as long as it does not go against the will of an other involved individual (with the added protection of minors)

Exactly.

Though of course, as with anything involving law and people there will be confusion and disagreement at times, but the basic principles are pretty clear.

Grallon

Quote from: Gups on July 25, 2011, 10:19:57 AM

If any responsibility lies with people expressing their opinions (which is debatable)  it lies with  the bigoted fools spreading their racist posion all over the internet and acting liek an echo chamber for idiots like these.

Of course your the kind of person who'd be blaming the lefty media after Kristalnacht for failing to recognise the inevitable consequences of alllowing the jews to mix with aryans.

I will quote this to you again when the next slaughter takes place, and again for each one following after.  You want to be an ostrich, then be ready to watch the body count increase.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Grey Fox

Quote from: Grallon on July 25, 2011, 10:37:13 AM

If any responsibility lies with people expressing their opinions (which is debatable)  it lies with  the bigoted fools spreading their racist posion all over the internet and acting liek an echo chamber for idiots like these.

Of course your the kind of person who'd be blaming the lefty media after Kristalnacht for failing to recognise the inevitable consequences of alllowing the jews to mix with aryans.

I will quote this to you again when the next slaughter takes place, and again for each one following after.  You want to be an ostrich, then be ready to watch the body count increase.

G.

What should his position be instead?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Brain

G.

I agree in principle that we should jail all Christian Norwegians just to be sure, but practical considerations make it difficult.

Gups

Quote from: The Brain on July 25, 2011, 10:38:26 AM

G.

I agree in principle that we should jail all Christian Norwegians just to be sure, but practical considerations make it difficult.

You just don't get it do you Brain? It's the Federalist-supporting media in Queec which is responsible for this tragedy (almost as much as the guy who actually did the killing). If that's not obvious to you now, it will be when Grallon repeats himself the next time someone goes on a killing spree somewhere in the world.

Jacob

Quote from: Norgy on July 25, 2011, 08:04:24 AMWhat I mean is that he and his ilk needs to be allowed in the public sphere where the sheer magnitude of their mistaken beliefs will be exposed. The situation today is that they are marginalised and radicalised further, and like most Norwegians, I know that trolls turn to stone in the sunlight. Fundamental rights to express opinions that are complete and utter bollocks should be reinforced, not trampled on.

Were they previously trampled on in Norwegian society? I trust your assessment of this more than Slargos'.

I got the impression that FrP says things that aren't too far off what this guy's been saying, and that anti-immigrant rhetoric et. al. isn't that hard to find; but it's just that, an impression. Are robust, culturally conservative views like those espoused by Viking and this Fjordman blogger really driven underground and rarely discussed in Norway?

Jacob

Quote from: Valmy on July 25, 2011, 07:59:45 AM
Quote from: Solmyr on July 25, 2011, 07:33:50 AM
See, that's where we disagree. IMO, if you move to live in a culturally different society, you are expected to adapt to it, not the other way around. Thus, you are expected to learn the official language of the country you live in, and if there are laws mandating wearing or not wearing a particular piece of clothing in a certain situation, you are expected to follow them instead of getting special treatment.

Well right.  American cultural values (at least the good ones) are about freedom of religion and expression and basically letting people do their own thing.  That is a good thing for people who want to preserve certain parts of their cultural traditions but first they must accept these basic tenents of our culture or they need to go someplace else.

Exactly. Multiculturalism is just a slightly different way of expressing an ideal, similar to that American ideal, in the context of how different cultures interact.