Breaking News - Major Terrorist Attack In Oslo, Norway

Started by mongers, July 22, 2011, 09:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norgy

Slargos

Quote from: Norgy on July 24, 2011, 07:19:12 AM
Quote from: Slargos on July 24, 2011, 07:11:09 AM
http://sverigeidag.wordpress.com/2011/07/24/expert-say-multiculturalism-is-to-blame-for-227-in-norway/

I fully respect the individual's need to express disgusting opinions through this blog that are hyperbolic and based on cherry-picking.  :yeah:

Great.  :hug:

Did you actually watch the embedded video though? It's a newscast from RT featuring a guy supposedly from the Norwegian Institute for International Affairs.

Norgy

Quote from: Slargos on July 24, 2011, 07:26:47 AM

Did you actually watch the embedded video though? It's a newscast from RT featuring a guy supposedly from the Norwegian Institute for International Affairs.

Yes. It was the rest of the blog that I found rather completely over the top.

Helge Lurås is indeed with NUPI. I agree that participation is important, and that extends to all areas of policy formulation, not just one isolated area like immigration/integration. The idea that there is an increasing gap between "the ordinary man" and the "elite" isn't exactly ground-breaking and was formulated by Michels as the Iron Law of Oligarchy already around 1910. What is surprising, is that Norway supposedly is such an example of the "elite" vs "the people", based on the fact the perceived distance between the grassroots and the elite traditionally has been very short.

There are numerous examples of grassroots movements gaining both political and organisational power, like the anti-EU movement, the early environmentalists in the 1970s, and indeed the early Labour movement and the Progress Party, not to mention the liberal movement in the later decades of the 19th century that eventually broke up the union with Sweden.

Maybe it's the taboo of immigration? Maybe the debate was hijacked on an early stage by racists on the one hand and rather doctrinarian leftists on the other back in the 1970s and 1980s, so that any view is inevitably construed as part of either this or that dogma?

I am not sure. But, strangely enough, the mass execution of several members of the party I've been a member of and voted for much of my adult life has made me question what could possibly lead to the Labour Party being a target. It could be that the open debate about immigration and integration that happened earlier this year just is too little, too late and too cosmetic.
I have no idea. I need to brood over this. That's what we do in Norway. Brood. Then we either write a letter to the editor or slaughter something. A moose. Or 8 dozen teenagers.

Martinus

Quote from: Viking on July 24, 2011, 07:16:19 AM
In a bit of a dick move, the Newspapers published ABB's name before his parents were informed. They learned through the media.
Well, how many of the victims' parents learned through the media, too?

Martinus

Viking

http://sverigeidag.wordpress.com/2011/07/24/expert-say-multiculturalism-is-to-blame-for-227-in-norway/

I fully respect the individual's need to express disgusting opinions through this blog that are hyperbolic and based on cherry-picking.  :yeah:

NUPI is part of the "Marxist Multicultural Elite" and Lurås doesn't agree with ABB, but rather points out what reasons ABB gives himself for doing it. The title of the blog is very misleading. A better Title would be.

"Expert says multiculturalism is the excuse used to justify 227 in norway."
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Quote from: Norgy on July 24, 2011, 07:43:34 AM
I have no idea. I need to brood over this. That's what we do in Norway. Brood. Then we either write a letter to the editor or slaughter something. A moose. Or 8 dozen teenagers.

Brooding's not good for you, especially not for you.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Slargos

Yes. It was the rest of the blog that I found rather completely over the top.

Don't shoot the messenger. I've never seen the blog before, I just found the link.

I am not sure. But, strangely enough, the mass execution of several members of the party I've been a member of and voted for much of my adult life has made me question what could possibly lead to the Labour Party being a target. It could be that the open debate about immigration and integration that happened earlier this year just is too little, too late and too cosmetic.

Taking things to etterettning is I think the popular cliché I hate the most about Norway.

"Oh, so we built a tunnel that collapsed on someone? We must take this under serious consideration." Haha, fuck you, we'd do it all over again because it was cheap. Now we will shuffle some papers and look very serious about the whole thing. We hope you will forget about it very soon, because we're already building another tunnel to the same specs.

But yes, attempting to keep dissent down by suppression will only cause it to explode sooner or later. You reap what you sow.

Slargos

Quote from: Viking on July 24, 2011, 07:50:32 AM

NUPI is part of the "Marxist Multicultural Elite" and Lurås doesn't agree with ABB, but rather points out what reasons ABB gives himself for doing it. The title of the blog is very misleading. A better Title would be.

"Expert says multiculturalism is the excuse used to justify 227 in norway."

:lol:

In that case he words himself very poorly.

Norgy

Quote from: Slargos on July 24, 2011, 07:53:53 AM

But yes, attempting to keep dissent down by suppression will only cause it to explode sooner or later. You reap what you sow.

So in other words, the victims had it coming for not sharing the belief that Europe is under siege?  :yucky:

Slargos

Quote from: Norgy on July 24, 2011, 08:22:40 AM
Quote from: Slargos on July 24, 2011, 07:53:53 AM

So in other words, the victims had it coming for not sharing the belief that Europe is under siege?  :yucky:

Only if by "in other words" you mean "to rephrase your sentence in a way that makes no sense even by the most extremely unfriendly interpretation of what you actually said"

Martinus

I think it is rather silly how opponents of multiculturalism fail to understand that it is not an ideology in itself, but rather an attempt to keep the lid on globalisation to prevent it from boiling over into some sort of global upheaval.

The West is not a victim of multiculturalism or even a besieged fortress. We are beneficiaries of globalisation, and it has progressed from the 19th century's raw material globalisation to the 20th century's goods and services globalisation to the 21st centuries's employment market globalisation. The world has changed - largely, differences similar to the old class divides are no longer vertical but geographical - we, in the West are the upper class, the "third world" is the working/lower class.

Any form of isolationism or autarky is simply unworkable in the modern world - and more importantly, the anti-immigration crowd would not be willing to pay the price for it, economically. And if we continue treating the third world as helots, slaves and serfs, without rights, we will have a revolution on our hands. So the question is not if we should let immigrants in, but how.

Slargos

Martinus

I think the letter to editor thing is a red herring. The guy's views, as expressed in his manifesto, are not non-violent. He has been posing with guns, causing for "decimating" his political enemies, or for a violent conflict with Muslims. Even by the most generous standards, this speech would be unlikely to be protected.

As I said in my previous post, we are going through a huge social and demographic shift, one similar to the great revolutions of ages past (only that now it is not happening within a single national or a group of nations, but rather it is global). People who are not able to deal with it rationally will react violently. There is no deeper background to it.

Martinus

Quote from: Slargos on July 24, 2011, 09:07:01 AM
Japan seems to be working just fine.

Really? It is mired with an almost chronic stagnation, with highest suicide rate among the "civilized nations" and working hours and conditions that would be unacceptable not just to welfare state accustomed Norwegians, but pretty much anyone in Europe. As I said, if you want autarky, you need to pay a heavy price.