News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miozozny

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on October 14, 2015, 03:43:04 AM
I guess the Dutch don't like Euro championships in France since the last one they missed was in 1984, already in France.

Missing the one in 1984 was at least close. And if they had just offered the maltese players more than Spain offered them, they would have qualified.
Now it's just terrible. Worst performance in more than 40 years.

Syt

Old one: "Do it like the Dutch and watch the finals in front of the TV!"

German football fans like their Dutch cousins. :hug:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Archy

We're nr.1 in the FIFA rankings eat that HOLLAND!!!!!! :yeah: :w00t:

The Larch

Apparently Der Spiegel is publishing a report saying that the 2006 WC was awarded to Germany thanks to bribes paid by Adidas.

Tamas

Quote from: The Larch on October 16, 2015, 11:14:35 AM
Apparently Der Spiegel is publishing a report saying that the 2006 WC was awarded to Germany thanks to bribes paid by Adidas.

I guess Western countries refused to pay big enough bribes after that and look where that has gotten us. Russia and Qatar. If the decision makers are crooks, you have to play ball or quit, because they do not care about the consequences for sure.

Syt

Also, UEFA have come out in unanimous support of Platini.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on October 16, 2015, 11:37:08 AM

:bleeding: Of course they have.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Quote from: The Larch on October 16, 2015, 11:14:35 AM

Funnily, at that time a German satirical magazine sent fake DFB messages to FIFA delegates promising gift baskets with German ham, beer, a cuckoo clock etc. and later bragged that they helped bringing the World Cup to Germany. On their web page they have a small article: "Titanic readers know more - Titanic 2000: Titanic brings World Cup to Germany. Spiegel 2015: 2006 World Cup supposedly bought." They've done that on occasion when an article/story of theirs later turns out to be(come) true or close to it.

The August 2000 edition of Titanic can be read here: http://www.titanic-magazin.de/fileadmin/content/Heft/2000-08/Titanic_2000_August_Web.pdf

—Stephen Jay Gould

Liep

Quote from: Syt on October 16, 2015, 11:37:08 AM

:yeahright:

I've read that both the Danish union and the FA has withdrawn support for Platini.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

Well, two days ago it was still unanimous. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

It increasingly seems the UK FAs back in the day had the right idea in not getting involved with this fifa stuff
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Barcelona doesn't have a better backup attacker than Sandro? :huh:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Quote from: Liep on October 17, 2015, 01:57:33 PM

It's good fortune then that Neymar plays for two.

Liep

It's Denmark -Sweden in the playoff. :w00t:

The Larch

Quote from: Liep on October 17, 2015, 01:57:33 PM

Nope, their squad depth is crap this year because of the transfer ban. Pedro used to be the main backup attacker but he bolted to Chelsea because he wanted to be a starter.