News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

That's one goal every 2 minutes. Even the most basic timewasting should prevent a score like that.

Josquius

Quote from: Liep on July 07, 2015, 08:01:56 AM
Vanuatu needed a 38-0 victory over Micronesia to qualify for the semi finals of the olympic qualification. They won 46-0. :lol:

I've seen some similar stories of scores like this in a cup competition in the baltics. Madness.
But I guess that's the game for small teams whether domestic or international. Gibraltar treat their recent loss to Scotland as a victory because they scored their first goal.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on July 07, 2015, 08:26:40 AM
That's one goal every 2 minutes. Even the most basic timewasting should prevent a score like that.

Yeah no matter how much you suck I presume these guys are full time soccer players. Even basic competence should manage to keep the score under 30. Seems corrupt.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Larch

Quote from: Valmy on July 07, 2015, 08:43:28 AM

Yeah no matter how much you suck I presume these guys are full time soccer players. Even basic competence should manage to keep the score under 30. Seems corrupt.

You presume too much. Smaller national teams are frequently composed of part timers.

Maladict

According to wikipedia some of the players had never played football until a few weeks ago.

Valmy

Quote from: Maladict on July 07, 2015, 08:46:15 AM

According to wikipedia some of the players had never played football until a few weeks ago.

Ok well that sounds corrupt as well. FIFA has no basic requirements for competence? Sounds like just a grab for FIFA cash there. I mean all you need is a ball and a flat place and you can play soccer.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on July 07, 2015, 08:17:53 AM
Well their total population is only about 100,000 so that is like San Angelo Texas or Frederiksberg Denmark trying to compete on an international level...but still I think San Angelo could find 11 players who could manage to only lose 20-0. I mean Vanuatu is not exactly Brazil.

Micronesia managed to lose 30-0 to (French) Tahiti and 38-0 to Fidji. The latter being a rugby country. Impressive, most impressive.

The Larch

Quote from: Valmy on July 07, 2015, 08:47:59 AM
Quote from: Maladict on July 07, 2015, 08:46:15 AM

Ok well that sounds corrupt as well. FIFA has no basic requirements for competence? Sounds like just a grab for FIFA cash there. I mean all you need is a ball and a flat place and you can play soccer.

Micronesia is not even part of FIFA. These games are part of the Pacific Games that are currently taking place in Papua New Guinea.

This is the football equivalent of that African dude that went to the Olympics swimming competition and could barely swim.

Josquius

I was surprised to find when i visited Liechtenstein that despite several of their team being farmers their fa has a nice prominently located building.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: The Larch on July 07, 2015, 08:50:54 AM
Micronesia is not even part of FIFA. These games are part of the Pacific Games that are currently taking place in Papua New Guinea.

This is the football equivalent of that African dude that went to the Olympics swimming competition and could barely swim.

You're right. For some reason I thought this was for WC qualifiers or something but it was just for the Olympics and not an important competition. -_-

celedhring

Valmy

It is so weird to see the players not even celebrating their goals.

Josquius

Quote from: celedhring on July 07, 2015, 09:48:53 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxykqi_Nu6A

A few of the goals. Feels like a training session.
Love the little ballet jump of the last defender on the first one, whilst the right back just points.
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

Quote from: Valmy on July 07, 2015, 09:49:58 AM
It is so weird to see the players not even celebrating their goals.

After goal 20 you just get bored with the whole thing.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

FunkMonk

Quote from: Liep on July 07, 2015, 08:01:56 AM
Vanuatu needed a 38-0 victory over Micronesia to qualify for the semi finals of the olympic qualification. They won 46-0. :lol:

This is hilarious and I approve of it
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.