News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

My hometown has a team in NASL and the soccer stadium they built is awesome and the games are awesome and NASL is awesome.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Valmy

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 02, 2015, 07:26:12 AM
My hometown has a team in NASL and the soccer stadium they built is awesome and the games are awesome and NASL is awesome.

Go Scorpions!

Austin is now in the USL. That is kind of a mixed thing. Back when they were in the PDL the majority of the players were homegrown central Texans. Now that they are in Tier 3 that is coming to a close and that is a shame.

Edit: Looking at the current roster there are only 2 defenders and 1 forward are still locals. I liked it when it was our team with our local guys.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on June 02, 2015, 07:24:47 AM
Since Raúl is now playing there the Spanish sports press won't shut up about the Cosmos. Apparently they don't give a fuck that Marcos Senna is also playing for the team, as well as another lesser Spanish player, because they're never mentioned at all.

I like the Cosmos, I hope they get promoted to the MLS.

Oh wai--

Ed Anger

I'm glad there is no promotion stuff in US soccer. Plus that college soccer annoys the soccer homos on fox sports one.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on June 02, 2015, 08:03:19 AM

Oh wai--

Clubs do get promoted all the time. It is just not based on actually winning games :P

However there are already two NYC clubs in MLS. I would be surprised if there was a third.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Norgy

My local team has a player who was drafted by New York City. He suffered a pre-season injury and was released. He is rather awesome. Norwegian, though.

Ed Anger

I used to be able to get free tickets for the Columbus games. Now they don't hand them out like candy from a creeper van.  :(
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Quote from: celedhring on June 02, 2015, 08:03:19 AM
Quote from: The Larch on June 02, 2015, 07:24:47 AM
Since Raúl is now playing there the Spanish sports press won't shut up about the Cosmos. Apparently they don't give a fuck that Marcos Senna is also playing for the team, as well as another lesser Spanish player, because they're never mentioned at all.

Oh wai--

You laugh but promotion system is a tool of the devil & unamerican.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

I am a huge fan of the promotion system. It makes the shit owners and apathetic fanbases actually care. As it is you can just suck for decades with no real consequences.

But the business of sports over here make it completely impractical. The very idea of a minor league team being promoted to the major leagues in one of our major sports leagues is so ridiculous it does not even merit discussion.

garbon

Quote from: Norgy on June 02, 2015, 06:38:09 AM
Quote from: Liep on June 02, 2015, 06:00:24 AM
Classier than Leicester's celebration.

:lol:

So group sex in Thailand is: not classy?  :ph34r:

There is so much of that I don't get:

1) Hiring a prostitute/prostitutes
2) Having sex in the same room as my friends while they were having sex (and swapping prostitutes...)
3) Making racially disparaging remarks about the race of person I was at the moment having sex with
4) Filming said orgy
5) Sharing the film of said orgy with my friends back home
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Norgy

Quote from: garbon on June 02, 2015, 08:59:19 AM
Quote from: Norgy on June 02, 2015, 06:38:09 AM
Quote from: Liep on June 02, 2015, 06:00:24 AM
Classier than Leicester's celebration.

:lol:

So group sex in Thailand is: not classy?  :ph34r:

There is so much of that I don't get:

1) Hiring a prostitute/prostitutes
2) Having sex in the same room as my friends while they were having sex (and swapping prostitutes...)
3) Making racially disparaging remarks about the race of person I was at the moment having sex with
4) Filming said orgy
5) Sharing the film of said orgy with my friends back home

It's rather puzzling to most people, I think.
Leicester City are often greeted with "You're not English anymore" chants from the opposition, due to the city being very diverse. Which only serves to make this even more puzzling.

Barrister

Edmonton has  NASL - the imaginatively named FC Edmonton.

I really don't think awesome is the word you're looking for to describe the NASL.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Liep

Football has been given a new chance. Hurray!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

FunkMonk

Quote from: Barrister on June 02, 2015, 11:49:38 AM

Edmonton has  NASL - the imaginatively named FC Edmonton.

I really don't think awesome is the word you're looking for to describe the NASL.

Canadian soccer sucks.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

MadBurgerMaker

Hey there's a game on Saturday.  I should go down there and check it out.

E:  Oh wait, I don't want to go to Atlanta and get robbed and stabbed.  Next home game is the 13th.  Against Ottawa.