News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norgy

I admit I know as little about baseball as about cricket.

I seem to remember an old photo of Fidel, cigar in mouth, with a baseball bat, though.

Back to the FIFA thing.
Sports federations come and go. In the 30s, workers' clubs split off from the Norwegian Federation Of Sports and built their own federation.

It can be done again.
Let the Africans and Asians have their World Cup with Putin and the sheiks.

Tamas

Valmy

Again it kind of sounds like UEFA and CONMEBOL are not exactly squeaky clean themselves.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Norgy

Quote from: Valmy on June 01, 2015, 12:47:18 PM
Again it kind of sounds like UEFA and CONMEBOL are not exactly squeaky clean themselves.

Oh, they are not. The UEFA has destroyed the game in Europe.

John Oliver had a go at FIFA last night. It was glorious.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Norgy

I love the US. If you feel like beheading him on Times Square, I'd be for that.

Syt

So the referee made sure that Hamburg stayed in the Bundesliga ... they've sucked for several years now, delivering abysmal season after abysmal season, with no motivation on field, a new coach every few months, and yet the squeak by all the time. In the history of the Bundesliga (= since 1963) they're the only club that's always been on the top level (they even have a clock for that in their stadium), but it's about time they get trounced into oblivion.

EDIT: Just checked - they actually had 5(!) different coaches this season. :bleeding:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Norgy

HSV - Nottingham Forest 0-1 (Santiago Bernabeu, 1980)

One of the first televised European Cup finals I saw.
A fat little Scotsman scored the winner.

Syt

Zenit St. petersburg celebrate their championship with a group photo.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

Classier than Leicester's celebration.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Norgy

Quote from: Liep on June 02, 2015, 06:00:24 AM
Classier than Leicester's celebration.

:lol:

So group sex in Thailand is: not classy?  :ph34r:

A question for the North Americans. Do the old NASL clubs like New York Cosmos still exist?

Grey Fox

Yes, the NASL still exist & the Cosmos play in it.

(The league was reformed in 2011)
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

The current NASL is a minor league though. MLS is what actually replaced the NASL.

The Larch

Since Raúl is now playing there the Spanish sports press won't shut up about the Cosmos. Apparently they don't give a fuck that Marcos Senna is also playing for the team, as well as another lesser Spanish player, because they're never mentioned at all.