Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Greasy vs Greaseballs. Pass.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Been working all day. So no chance to watch it.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

alfred russel

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 22, 2014, 10:37:38 PM

If we get one point out of the group stage I'll consider it a moral victory.  :lol:

Fuck how many points we get. If we break cristiano ronaldo's leg, I'll consider it a total victory.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

I think it is even money we get out of the group stage. I love Klinsmann not bringing Donovan. Donovan wasn't going to be a key contributor this year anyway, and it takes all the pressure off the team and puts it on him. At the same time, the story line is about a guy who is not there and about how we are fucked because of our group. If that doesn't get the team to pull together and have new leaders step up, nothing will.

Also, maybe this will in the future cause players to have second thoughts about dropping out in the prime of their careers and wandering around third world countries and then think they should get back on the team for the world cup.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Admiral Yi

Oh yeah, that should definitely synergize the hell out of them.

Ed Anger

Need to age the players more.

alfred russel

Ed Anger

alfred russel

HVC

Quote from: alfred russel on May 24, 2014, 09:19:31 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 24, 2014, 09:17:11 PM
You know what it means.

I really don't.
Pretend that team US was playing against a CFL team, then it'll all come back to you.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ed Anger

Quote from: alfred russel on May 24, 2014, 09:19:31 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 24, 2014, 09:17:11 PM
You know what it means.

I really don't.

You don't remember your own bullshit from years ago? Something about aging Miami Hurricanes players?

That's the joke.

alfred russel

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 24, 2014, 09:24:30 PM

You don't remember your own bullshit from years ago? Something about aging Miami Hurricanes players?

That's the joke.

I remember saying that some college teams have enough front line talent to compare with or even best the teams put out by NFL teams on a given Sunday. A bunch of people jumped on me about that, especially when I pulled out the 2000-2001 Miami Hurricanes as an example. What is seared into my mind is multiple posts by Berkut going off on me saying that a WR trio of Reggie Wayne, Santana Moss, and Andre Johnson had the talent to be a top tier trio in the NFL. He began ranting that I was just a homer and he had never even heard of Andre Johnson.

How that relates to Landon Donovan and Klinsmann, I have no clue.

FunkMonk

I watched the CL Final. It was crap, then got interesting in the second half. Watching Gareth Bale miss all his shots was funny. When he finally got one, though, it spelled the end for Atletico. They were always going to lose once RM equalized.

The real winner here was Franco.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Quote from: alfred russel on May 24, 2014, 08:42:27 PM
I think it is even money we get out of the group stage. I love Klinsmann not bringing Donovan. Donovan wasn't going to be a key contributor this year anyway, and it takes all the pressure off the team and puts it on him. At the same time, the story line is about a guy who is not there and about how we are fucked because of our group. If that doesn't get the team to pull together and have new leaders step up, nothing will.

Also, maybe this will in the future cause players to have second thoughts about dropping out in the prime of their careers and wandering around third world countries and then think they should get back on the team for the world cup.

Yeah, the pressure isn't really on for us to even advance. To meet expectations we merely have to avoid getting bounced 4-0 in our games. All the pressure is on Germany and Ronaldo + 10.

I don't mind leaving out Donovan either. My fear is that leaving him out will lead to discontent in the team first toward Klinsmann and then toward each other. Then we'll definitely get pounded in the ass by Germany.

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josephus

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 24, 2014, 11:34:44 PM
I watched the CL Final. It was crap, then got interesting in the second half. Watching Gareth Bale miss all his shots was funny. When he finally got one, though, it spelled the end for Atletico. They were always going to lose once RM equalized.

The real winner here was Franco.

He's still dead.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011