News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 05, 2014, 04:49:21 PM
I'll laugh if Aston Villa wins against City.
As much as I hate villa....Oh please let it be so.
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

Quote from: Maladict on May 06, 2014, 06:52:49 AM
Quote from: Josephus on May 05, 2014, 05:57:21 PM
Although in the end it doesn't matter.

If City drop one of their next two, Liverpool still win the title by winning their last game.

If City win their next two, Liverpool would have been out anyways, unless they really hammered Palace.

It matters if they win one and tie one, doesn't it?

Yes. That's the only difference, Man City now only need four points as opposed to six. Either way, my point was that even if Liverpool won yesterday, they lost the title last weekend against Chelsea.

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

FunkMonk

Quote from: Josephus on May 06, 2014, 09:36:07 AM
Quote from: Maladict on May 06, 2014, 06:52:49 AM
Quote from: Josephus on May 05, 2014, 05:57:21 PM
Although in the end it doesn't matter.

If City drop one of their next two, Liverpool still win the title by winning their last game.

If City win their next two, Liverpool would have been out anyways, unless they really hammered Palace.

It matters if they win one and tie one, doesn't it?

Yes. That's the only difference, Man City now only need four points as opposed to six. Either way, my point was that even if Liverpool won yesterday, they lost the title last weekend against Chelsea.

In one way this is worse than the Chelsea defeat. At least in that game Liverpool could point to Gerrard's slip and the ensuing goal and say it was a freak accident.

The draw against Crystal Palace was a complete capitulation. On some level it must feel worse for the players. Gerrard was crying and Suarez looked utterly inconsolable. It was total moral defeat. Unless Rodgers does some managerial magic I'll be surprised if they win against Newcastle.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Tamas

I would hope for two Man City defeats, but then Liverpool might still get the title. And I do not want that. I really don't.

katmai

Unless mistaken Arsenal somehow scrapes by and is guaranteed top 4 and CL spot after the fall from lead.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Ed Anger

QuoteHow will she have time to do the ironing if shes managing a football team- honestly the worlds gone mad

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Zanza

Germany named its provisional 30 man world cup team:

Goalkeepers: Neuer, Weidenfeller, Zieler.

Defenders Boateng, Durm, Grosskreutz, Höwedes, Hummels, Jansen, Lahm, Mertesacker, Mustafi, Schmelzer, Ginter.

Midfielders/forwards Lars Bender, Draxler, Götze, Goretzka, Hahn, Khedira, Klose, Kroos, Meyer, Müller, Özil, Podolski, Reus, Schürrle, Schweinsteiger, Volland.

We only have two real strikers in the team: Klose and Volland. Klose is very old. If he scores two goals he'll be the highest scorer in world cup history though.

Norgy

Out-and-out strikers seem to become more rare and more of a luxury these days at the highest level.
The side should have plenty of goals between them anyway, so I wouldn't worry, Zanza.
From being one of the most loathed teams in the world, the German national team has become one of the most entertaining to watch, in my opinion.

The Larch

Why isn't ter Stegen in the squad?

Liep

Christian Eriksen named Player of the Year in Tottenham. Will he ever be good enough for the Danes though? As the 2nd 2nd Laudrup he'll really have to keep up.

The 1st 2nd Laudrup (Martin Jørgensen) did just alright and is now ending his career relegating from the Superliga.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on May 10, 2014, 09:12:57 AM

He signed with us, hence he'll go on to become crap like every promising keeper we buy. Löw is just doing some preemptive damage control.

Liep

Quote from: celedhring on May 10, 2014, 09:22:40 AM

He signed with us, hence he'll go on to become crap like every promising keeper we buy. Löw is just doing some preemptive damage control.

At least he'll have a pretty secure position as starter, maybe that'll help.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Zanza

ter Stegen and Leno (the keeper of Leverkusen) were named as better alternatives to Zieler in the German press, but it is assumed that Löw took Zieler over the two more ambitious guys as the third keeper is not really crucial anyway and you want a calm guy who fits in there, not some kind of hothead who wants to fight for match practice. There is no way around Neuer anyway.

Josephus

Well, probably never was really in doubt...and man-to-man City is probably the best team in the league.

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011