News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Your advanced Pickle theory intrigues me.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Admiral Yi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA2AUksZzTg

Just saw this ad during American football.  Thought you fodbolistas might enjoy.

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on October 28, 2013, 07:43:39 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 27, 2013, 09:23:57 PM
What, no comments on Barcelona beating RM?

I wonder how many stabbings there were as a result.

No stabbings that I know of, but plenty of hand wringing on TV about the refereeing, which is absolutely par for the course and terribly tedious.

There's far more history of violence inside the pitch than outside of it, when it comes to el Clásico :D

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on November 10, 2013, 05:35:19 PM
Quote from: The Larch on October 28, 2013, 07:43:39 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 27, 2013, 09:23:57 PM
What, no comments on Barcelona beating RM?

I wonder how many stabbings there were as a result.

No stabbings that I know of, but plenty of hand wringing on TV about the refereeing, which is absolutely par for the course and terribly tedious.

There's far more history of violence inside the pitch than outside of it, when it comes to el Clásico :D

Mostly when Pepe is on the pitch.  :P

Josquius

So Sunderland won a game. It was the total opposite of our usual- Man City were all over us but just couldn't score.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

For some reason I'm loving the shots of mourning Premier League mascots during Remembrance Day:

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Maladict

Iceland 0-0 Croatia  :mellow:
Portugal 1-0 Sweden  :(
Ukraine 2-0 France   :lol:

Viking

Quote from: Maladict on November 15, 2013, 06:33:53 PM
Iceland 0-0 Croatia  :mellow:
Portugal 1-0 Sweden  :(
Ukraine 2-0 France   :lol:

and that was with 10 men for the last 30 mins
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josquius

But at home. So replay in Croatia? Come on Iceys!
██████
██████
██████

Warspite

Stimac had done so much damage to the team, I'm not surprised it ended 0-0. Didn't catch the game but I hear Croatia looked better than under him. I hope Kovac switches back to a more obvious midfield triangle of Rakitic, Modric and Kovacevic/Badelj. Perisic apparently looked really good. AJMO VATRENI
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Viking

Quote from: Warspite on November 16, 2013, 05:51:51 AM
Stimac had done so much damage to the team, I'm not surprised it ended 0-0. Didn't catch the game but I hear Croatia looked better than under him. I hope Kovac switches back to a more obvious midfield triangle of Rakitic, Modric and Kovacevic/Badelj. Perisic apparently looked really good. AJMO VATRENI

Croatia isn't what it once was. After seeing out defensive organization this game I think that we have a reasonable chance of holding the zero in zagreb.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Warspite

Quote from: Viking on November 16, 2013, 11:08:40 AM
Quote from: Warspite on November 16, 2013, 05:51:51 AM

Croatia isn't what it once was. After seeing out defensive organization this game I think that we have a reasonable chance of holding the zero in zagreb.

On paper Croatia's forwards are better today than at any point since 1998; Mandzukic in front of a mature Modric, an in-form Rakitic and a line up of other creative ball-playing mids. Srna is still the blistering metronome up and down the wing. The problem is that Niko Kovac was never really replaced, and Ognen Vukojevic and Domagoj Vida haven't really stepped up to replace his excellent read of the game and relentless stamina.

I think Croatia will probably edge it at home, but with an unconvincing performance.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA