And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Liep on May 16, 2013, 01:30:27 PM
Quote from: Viking on May 16, 2013, 01:23:14 PM
What do the danes think about the effect on youth development. Do they get squeezed out by cheaper imports from africa or do they get the quality matching they need to develop?

They made it a small league to increase the quality of play to make it more tv friendly, but that has also made it harder for players for the youth systems to get solid time on the field.

There are a few good youth developing teams though, notably FC Nordsjælland.

It's probably more lucrative for the teams involved with more games against better teams, means more games worth watching. It's just suggested here in norway that youth development and general quality suffers because compared to denmark the norwegian league has 6 extra relegation level teams (if you assume the leagues to be equal which they in no way are).
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Liep

But, I think, that if you go the Danish way those 6 teams' best players will stay in the upper league, and they take up positions that youth players would get.

But I'm not really too sure, all I can see is that there's fewer candidates for the bench on the national team now than just 10 years ago. The upper talent mass is more or less the same, bar Schmeichel and the Laudrup brothers.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Viking

Quote from: Liep on May 16, 2013, 01:43:51 PM
But, I think, that if you go the Danish way those 6 teams' best players will stay in the upper league, and they take up positions that youth players would get.

But I'm not really too sure, all I can see is that there's fewer candidates for the bench on the national team now than just 10 years ago. The upper talent mass is more or less the same, bar Schmeichel and the Laudrup brothers.

I checked the danish U21 roster, expecting to find a team full of players from ajax, england and italy.. but no... only 4 iirc play outside denmark. Compare that to half the norwegian U21 team - almost all the foreign based players played for teams in the lower half of the table.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Liep

I haven't followed U21 football since we hosted the EC, but then it was definitely filled with foreign based players.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Reading up on forums about this and the opinion is quite divided with a little majority for a 16 team league.

Liep

Just found this from some time back. It's still valid.

National team coach:
Quote- For mig er det væsentligt, at en udvidelse vil øge antallet af mellemhold. Og det er mellemhold – som f.eks. FC Nordsjælland - der har råd til at udvikle spillere. Det er dem, der tør tage en del af dem, som FCK, Midtjylland, AaB, Brøndby og OB ikke tager, fordi de måske ikke umiddelbart er gode nok til at opfylde deres ambitionsniveau, siger Morten Olsen.

Viking

Quote from: Liep on May 16, 2013, 02:13:25 PM
Reading up on forums about this and the opinion is quite divided with a little majority for a 16 team league.

is that because the supporters of the last 4 teams want them up?

Liep

Quote from: Viking on May 16, 2013, 02:16:40 PM

More because the supporters of the bottom 8 teams wants them to stay up. :P

Viking

Quote from: Liep on May 16, 2013, 02:18:00 PM
Quote from: Viking on May 16, 2013, 02:16:40 PM

More because the supporters of the bottom 8 teams wants them to stay up. :P

I thought 16-12 = 4 ?

anyways, isn't this development thing best solved by mandating u21 players in the match day squad?

Josquius

Quote from: Liep on May 16, 2013, 01:13:40 PM
Quote from: Viking on May 16, 2013, 01:02:56 PM
Quote from: Liep on May 16, 2013, 12:34:13 PM
The Danish league is finally exciting: penultimate round and my team is battling to stay in. It's looking okay so far, they're at 1-0 but so's the direct competition.

Am I correct in understanding that the danish league has each team play each other three times, home/away/neutral rather than the traditional two?
Yeah, though it's home/away/home or vice verse. The top 6 teams get one more home game than the rest in a season. 33 games.
Similar to Scotland then. That hardly seems fair, how do they decide who gets the extra home advantage?
██████
██████
██████

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Duque de Bragança

Josephus

Looks like Manchester City and New York Yankees are joining forces to run New York Football Club, the 20th team in MLS.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Jacob

Quote from: Josephus on May 21, 2013, 10:08:29 AM
Looks like Manchester City and New York Yankees are joining forces to run New York Football Club, the 20th team in MLS.

New York FC?

The name doesn't sound very MLS. Shouldn't it be the New York Big Money or the New York Nukes or something? Or at least have some sort of tough sounding animal as part of their name?

katmai

Quote from: Jacob on May 21, 2013, 11:04:38 AM
Quote from: Josephus on May 21, 2013, 10:08:29 AM

New York FC?

The name doesn't sound very MLS. Shouldn't it be the New York Big Money or the New York Nukes or something? Or at least have some sort of tough sounding animal as part of their name?

Someone doesn't follow MLS i see <_<
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son