Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

QuoteMan City fires Mancini 1 year after EPL title win/
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Josquius

At one point during our last game we were 11th, a very respectable mid-table finish. Then Southampton equalised, now we're 17th and relying on Wigan to lose. To sound like a broken record: damn things are tight.
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: Tyr on May 13, 2013, 07:08:49 PM
At one point during our last game we were 11th, a very respectable mid-table finish. Then Southampton equalised, now we're 17th and relying on Wigan to lose. To sound like a broken record: damn things are tight.

I don't see that, given the 10+ difference in goal tallies, Wigan have to win both of their matches and Sunderland have to lose in order for the Wearsiders to go down.

edit:
The only other option seeing Sunderland going down is if they lose by 6-0 and Wigan draw one and win the other by 5/6-0.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

True, if Wigan do win tonight then we're not utterly screwed, they have to win their next game and we have to not win ours too, but I'd rather not be sweating next weekend!

Hopefully Arsenal chasing the champions league will be enough to see them through- since Tottenham being in the same position means our chances against them aren't great.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Wigan lost and are relegated.

Which meant the odds were slashed on us getting Martinez :ph34r: <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Safe. Albeit in shameful fashion.

I woke up accidentally during the middle of the night and decided to quickly check the score on my phone- it was 1-1 at half time. :pinch:
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Where's Suarez when you need to stop Ivanovic? :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

The Danish league is finally exciting: penultimate round and my team is battling to stay in. It's looking okay so far, they're at 1-0 but so's the direct competition.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

And that's it. Red card, 1-1.

Viking

Quote from: Liep on May 16, 2013, 12:34:13 PM
The Danish league is finally exciting: penultimate round and my team is battling to stay in. It's looking okay so far, they're at 1-0 but so's the direct competition.

Am I correct in understanding that the danish league has each team play each other three times, home/away/neutral rather than the traditional two?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Jacob

Brøndby?

Liep

Quote from: Viking on May 16, 2013, 01:02:56 PM

Am I correct in understanding that the danish league has each team play each other three times, home/away/neutral rather than the traditional two?
Yeah, though it's home/away/home or vice verse. The top 6 teams get one more home game than the rest in a season. 33 games.

Liep

Viking

Quote from: Liep on May 16, 2013, 01:13:40 PM
Quote from: Viking on May 16, 2013, 01:02:56 PM

Yeah, though it's home/away/home or vice verse. The top 6 teams get one more home game than the rest in a season. 33 games.

What do the danes think about the effect on youth development. Do they get squeezed out by cheaper imports from africa or do they get the quality matching they need to develop?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Liep

Quote from: Viking on May 16, 2013, 01:23:14 PM
What do the danes think about the effect on youth development. Do they get squeezed out by cheaper imports from africa or do they get the quality matching they need to develop?

They made it a small league to increase the quality of play to make it more tv friendly, but that has also made it harder for players for the youth systems to get solid time on the field.

There are a few good youth developing teams though, notably FC Nordsjælland.