And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 27, 2013, 05:36:44 PM
LOL, Newcastle.

I missed that game but I knew Tyr was smiling somewhere, wherever he is.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Liep

Looks like Real will need about 9 100% chances to get the 3 goals they need.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Barrister

Quote from: Tyr on April 24, 2013, 08:09:40 PM
Wearing the shirts of semi-obscure (i.e. you know the name but never see much of them) teams seems quite a usual hipster thing.

I bought a Bahia jersey in Brazil, and I wore it going out to Home Depot over the weekend.  Does that make me a hipster? :unsure:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Viking

Quote from: Barrister on April 30, 2013, 02:13:13 PM
Wearing the shirts of semi-obscure (i.e. you know the name but never see much of them) teams seems quite a usual hipster thing.

I bought a Bahia jersey in Brazil, and I wore it going out to Home Depot over the weekend.  Does that make me a hipster? :unsure:

That depends, is it the home or away strip?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Barrister

Quote from: Viking on April 30, 2013, 02:13:43 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 30, 2013, 02:13:13 PM

That depend, is it the home or away strip?

*hits google*

Home.  What difference does that make.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Liep

Home colours are for fans, away strip is more obscure and therefor more suitable hipster fashion.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Viking

Quote from: Liep on April 30, 2013, 02:55:22 PM
Home colours are for fans, away strip is more obscure and therefor more suitable hipster fashion.

Plus it usually has more eclectic colors which are often eyecatchingly abrasive and thus perfect for hipsters.

Though, hipsterdom can reach a certain level where identifiably obscure home strips are used by hipsters to take it to a further level. You will find old and defunct club (and nation) shirts used in the home version for this purpose. A Hipster might also pick a suitably obscure club to emphasize his non-mainstream ness. In this case you identify the hipster on the wear and tear of the shirt and (especially in the UK) if the person is wearing a hat or scarf and what colour it is and how out of place the strip feels in the ensable (the true fan will not care if it looks cool).

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Liep

Lewandowski is missing everything tonight, did he sign a contract with Real? :P

Liep

So I know Ramos already has the record for most red cards in Real Madrid history, but it's still surprising that it's only 12.

Viking

Quote from: Liep on April 30, 2013, 03:20:12 PM
Lewandowski is missing everything tonight, did he sign a contract with Real? :P

Are you suggesting he is missing on purpose or that now he got the big money deal he doesn't care?

Liep

Neither, really. At any rate it adds to the excitement. Real has a chance now.

Liep

Liep

The Larch

Quote from: Liep on April 30, 2013, 02:55:22 PM

Away colours are also normally cheaper, so they're the choice of the cash-strapped fan.

Liep

Mourinho looked almost human in that post game interview. "I want to be where people love me."