News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

The 3-1 goal was phenomenal.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Maladict

Quote from: Liep on April 24, 2013, 02:34:34 PM
Dortmund started really well, but lost some energy. Also, I can see why the German fans don't particularly like this referee.

Not anymore.

Germany 8, Spain 1.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Josephus

4-1. Holy Shitskees. What's going on?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

Quote from: Josephus on April 24, 2013, 03:21:32 PM
4-1. Holy Shitskees. What's going on?
The Germans are very good, and Madrid for some reasons aren't tackling. If Dortmund didn't piss away so many passes they'd be annihilating Madrid even more.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

That is their long passes. The short passing game has been extraordinary.

Liep

München has captured Lewandowski as well. :lol:

Zanza

Awesome game. A German CL final now looks quite likely which will be epic for every German football fan.  :w00t:

The Larch

Personally I'm glad to see Barcelona and Real Madrid kicked down a notch or two, they've been unbearable for the last few years.

FunkMonk

First time I've seen someone wearing a Borussia Dortmund shirt here. My fellow plastics are expanding their teams beyond England now.  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josquius

Wearing the shirts of semi-obscure (i.e. you know the name but never see much of them) teams seems quite a usual hipster thing.
██████
██████
██████

FunkMonk

I have an Arsenal shirt so my plasticity shows through it I guess. At least I played the sport for 13 years and I'm knowledgeable about the game.  :bowler:

Poor Dortmund though... Seems like they're going to lose their best players after the CL final. Wouldn't it be terrible for them to lose to Bayern in the final and then lose Gotze and Lewa to them in the summer window.  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

PDH

Bayern Munchen really are the Yankees.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Viking

Quote from: PDH on April 24, 2013, 09:40:50 PM
Bayern Munchen really are the Yankees.

- of Germany, yes.. Real Madrid are the Yankees of Soccer.

BTW, my local team thrashing the living daylights out of Dortmund way back when...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcxRaiH-twA

11 minute long highlights reel of the game
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive