News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Swansea are wonderful. Only scored 44 goals last season and already have 8 in two games :wub:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

The Larch

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 25, 2012, 08:45:41 AM
Swansea are wonderful. Only scored 44 goals last season and already have 8 in two games :wub:

They made an awesome signing with Michu this summer.

clandestino

Quote from: The Larch on August 25, 2012, 08:37:11 AM
I just read that my team signed Krohn-Deli, a Danish international. Liep, I need a full report asap!  ;)

Not Liep, but in the last Euro, Krohn-Deli was perhaps the best Danish player in the tournament. IIRC: strong winger who could drift inside with good finishing skills.

Are you a Celta or Deportivo fan? Depor seems to have more portuguese these days than most of our teams...

Sheilbh

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 20, 2012, 04:16:15 PM
Yeah I saw that. Super game. I'm going to do my Sheilbh impression now:

Everton  :wub:
:lol: Yeah it was a great game. Haven't seen today's highlights yet but it sounds like more of the same. Disconcerting winning games this early :huh:

Also how good will Belgium be in a few years? Kompany, Fellaini, Hazard, Mirallas, Lukaku (?) and probably a few I'm forgetting.
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 22, 2012, 02:58:09 PM
:lol:

Good player but seems like a real douche. Doesn't help that he plays for Chelsea now.
Yeah, the self-comparisons with Messi don't help either :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Viking

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 25, 2012, 01:26:07 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on August 20, 2012, 04:16:15 PM
Yeah I saw that. Super game. I'm going to do my Sheilbh impression now:

Everton  :wub:
:lol: Yeah it was a great game. Haven't seen today's highlights yet but it sounds like more of the same. Disconcerting winning games this early :huh:

Also how good will Belgium be in a few years? Kompany, Fellaini, Hazard, Mirallas, Lukaku (?) and probably a few I'm forgetting.

Hazard is probably hated by the rest of the Belgium team, which seems to be expressed in the fact that he sucks major time in international games. Belgium has the added problem (much greater than england's problem of fitting both gerrard and lampard in a 4-4-2) of finding some way making them fit together. The other great belgian up and comer boyata (at city with kompany) sort of makes fellaini superfluous in his usual everton role of anchor and superfluous in an attack with hazard in it.

National teams don't do well with fiddly formations. They don't have the opportunity to learn them instictively. That's why national teams have a much more constant playing style than club sides. (this is also the reason why furriners can't succeed with the england team if they don't let it play english).

These guys are great players, but I'm not sure they can work together.. sort of the eternal curse of belgium. While at it's best it is french food with dutch portion sizes, but mostly it is dutch food with french portion sizes served by a pedophile.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Tamas

Hazard is awesome, and good to see Torrest scoring goals like today's.

The Larch

Josquius

Swansea were indeed marvelous.
██████
██████
██████

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

I just read that my team signed Krohn-Deli, a Danish international. Liep, I need a full report asap!  ;)
Good signing for you. He's been the best player on the national team for quite a while now, a strong winger. He's been seriously hampered by playing for the chaos that is Brøndby IF, so this'll be good for him as well.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

clandestino

Quote from: The Larch on August 25, 2012, 04:22:22 PM

:P

So... how strong is the clubs rivalry these days?

Unfortunately for Celta not enough Portuguese playing for us to care. It seems that quota is fullfiled by the unmentionable club in white and to some extent Depor (and we care because those are players from big clubs here).

Now 10 years ago when you had Mostovoi... or Bruno Caires... :bleeding: :P

Ed Anger

Watched the LOLerpool game.

Borini sucks
Put the Centaur in.
Enough with the popped collars on your uniform Gerrard
Borini sucks
Bring back the Anfield cat
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Larch

Quote from: Liep on August 26, 2012, 03:50:58 AM
Good signing for you. He's been the best player on the national team for quite a while now, a strong winger. He's been seriously hampered by playing for the chaos that is Brøndby IF, so this'll be good for him as well.

That's good to hear, as the team had been crazy looking for a winger for the last few weeks. He plays on the left, right?  :P

The Larch

Quote from: clandestino on August 26, 2012, 11:40:21 AM
Quote from: The Larch on August 25, 2012, 04:22:22 PM

:P

So... how strong is the clubs rivalry these days?

Unfortunately for Celta not enough Portuguese playing for us to care. It seems that quota is fullfiled by the unmentionable club in white and to some extent Depor (and we care because those are players from big clubs here).

Now 10 years ago when you had Mostovoi... or Bruno Caires... :bleeding: :P

As strong as ever! Last year it really got rekindled, after Depor went down (Celta had been on the 2nd division for a short while) in 2011. Last season both got promoted, so now the derby will be played in the 1st division.  :)

And you're forgetting about Cadete and Capucho.  :lol: More recently we had Vasco Fernandes, but you do very well not knowing who he is.