News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Gups

Went to my first game of the new season last night, a 2-1 win for the mighty Charlton against the expensively assembled and very good Leciester. A poor turnout of 16,000 but a great, end-to-end match with a fantastic noisy atmosphere created by both sets of fans.

After 3 years of shitty League One football, its good to be back playing proper teams.

Plus we've signed Ricardo Fuller, who if he manages to regain his fitness will be the best player in the Championship.

Admiral Yi

George Soros has bought an 8% stake in Man U. :ph34r:

FunkMonk

Chelsea's Eden Hazard has a neck beard that is pissing me off.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Viking

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 22, 2012, 02:34:27 PM

He seems to be just as good in reality as he is in FM. I love that he is in blue.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Ed Anger

Andrew Luck neck beard that makes him look retarded or the standard child molester neck beard?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

FunkMonk

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 22, 2012, 02:39:47 PM

Andrew Luck neck beard that makes him look retarded or the standard child molester neck beard?

The kind that makes him look like a complete hipster douche and a weak baby at the same time. On ESPN 2 now if you're interested, against mighty Reading.

Ed Anger

Ed Anger

FunkMonk

:lol:

Good player but seems like a real douche. Doesn't help that he plays for Chelsea now.

Ed Anger

Oscar looks like he is 12 years old.

FunkMonk

Part of their new plan to buy all the kids for way too much money and then inevitably fail to win anything.

Ed Anger

Josquius

Holy shit. So it seems Sunderland finally have Johnson. :o
We've been wanting him for years but it just never worked out, and now here he is.
With the Fletcher signing I was dubious, expensive and not so great but there aren't many strikers out there.
With Johnson though...didn't expect that to happen.
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

I just read that my team signed Krohn-Deli, a Danish international. Liep, I need a full report asap!  ;)