And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Quote from: katmai on June 08, 2012, 07:57:38 PM
Herculez, Herculez!

Rofl comedy goal making right there. Still, I'll take it.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

PDH

Following the USA at Guatemala on the matchtracker - not nearly as good as watching the game.  At least at half USA up 1 to nothing.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

katmai

Quote from: PDH on June 12, 2012, 09:53:34 PM
Following the USA at Guatemala on the matchtracker - not nearly as good as watching the game.  At least at half USA up 1 to nothing.
Pinche CONCACAF and Gutaemalan FA
Quote• *The TV situation has to get better.* It's a shame that a U.S. World Cup qualifier was only available for $30 on pay-per-view and Ustream, denying large numbers of fans the chance to see an important match. The Guatemalan FA was given the rights by CONCACAF and sold to the highest bidder, which is capitalism at work. But the main fault lies with CONCACAF, which sets the rules for rights sales and could easily take over centralized rights packages for all of the region's World Cup qualifying. That's what UEFA does, which is a win-win for everyone: federations (which make more money), UEFA (which makes more money and gets the games out to the biggest audiences) and, most importantly, fans (who deserve to see a game that's in the national public interest).

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/grant_wahl/06/12/us.guatemala.three.thoughts/index.html#ixzz1xeliyV60
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valdemar

Quote from: Josephus on June 08, 2012, 07:28:10 AM
Euros are very protective. I remember the last worldcup when the USA tied England, the brits were all like, "feck we're shite, can't even beat the Americans."

While they were right about England being shite,  I think Euros tend to underestimate the Americans whom I would rate as a second-tier European team, meaning not quite up to Germany, Spain standards but just as good as..say, Belguim or Denmark. And better than england.

Now now, Denmark and Belgium arent even in the same tier :)

V

Liep

We're 9th on the trustworthy FIFA world ranking! Belgium is 54th.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

The new US uniforms are truly dorktacular.

Valdemar

Quote from: Liep on June 13, 2012, 07:01:57 AM
We're 9th on the trustworthy FIFA world ranking! Belgium is 54th.

:showoff:

Even if that list should be taken lightly we are some steps ahead of Belgium - potentially only some steps ahead of US

V

Warspite

Harry's been kicked out of Tottenham. :lol:
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

FunkMonk

Quote from: Warspite on June 13, 2012, 06:27:02 PM

Tomorrow's news: Pep Guardiola agrees to North London move
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josephus

Quote from: Warspite on June 13, 2012, 06:27:02 PM

LOL...Hope he didn't turn down teh England job for this.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Liep

Michael Laudrup is the new Swansea manager and therefore the first Danish manager in the Premier League. Go Swans!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Tamas

DiMatteo has been confirmed as permanent Chelsea manager.

Not sure what to think. Will see.

Josephus

Quote from: Tamas on June 15, 2012, 08:55:41 AM
DiMatteo has been confirmed as permanent Chelsea manager.

Not sure what to think. Will see.

Permanent is a rather subjective word.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

Drogba's pay next year in China is £200.000. What. The. Fuck.