And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: PDH on May 30, 2012, 10:00:45 PM
Quote from: katmai on May 30, 2012, 09:22:50 PM
Gooch is getting old, and our best Central Defender is still recuperating from ACL (Omar Gonzalez)

I wish more American GIs had fucked women who would give birth to towering central defenders with speed who were not quite good enough to make the German team.

Uh Omar is a Wetback, silly PDH :rolleyes:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Octavian

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Viking

Quote from: PDH on May 30, 2012, 10:00:45 PM
Quote from: katmai on May 30, 2012, 09:22:50 PM
Gooch is getting old, and our best Central Defender is still recuperating from ACL (Omar Gonzalez)

I wish more American GIs had fucked women who would give birth to towering central defenders with speed who were not quite good enough to make the German team.

Every country on the planet except Catalonia desires the best quality pacy towering central defenders to be available to them.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Viking

Quote from: mongers on June 01, 2012, 07:59:08 PM
Boris vs Germany:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOivzoRc0I8

At Boris' school they only had one form of footie and that was the one where they didn't kick the ball like pansies.

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

The Larch

My team just got promoted to the 1st division!  :w00t:

FunkMonk

Canada/USA was insipid and boring. :zzz:

Josephus

Just got back. It wasn't boring at all :) Thought Canada played decently enough, and should have scored at the end.

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

FunkMonk

You were at the match? Cool.  :)

Canada played well enough and could have won. The US looked tired and out of ideas. Not sure if going back to the 4-4-2 to accommodate Donovan and Dempsey was the right idea imo. There are other ways to do that without going to a 4-4-2 and just hoofing it up the field.

PDH

4-1-2-2-1 has worked the best so far.  Only problem is that there is no room for Altidore in that given how Herculez has played.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

katmai

Hey funk or mr. Malta, you watching the US Cup match between Seattle and Cal FC( team that wasn't even around at beginning of year, a collection of castoffs brought together by Eric Wynalda)?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

FunkMonk