News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 07, 2019, 03:58:26 PM
I'm no Liverpool fan but lmaooooo fucken Barcelona just love giving up in the second leg loooool

This is the Remontada on reverse for Barcelona.  :P

PS: again that is, cf. the remontada vs AS Roma last year.

Josephus

I am a Liverpool fan; and yeah, yesterday was freaking awesome.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on May 07, 2019, 04:22:53 PM
The Twin Brooks U7 boys Vipers (yours truly the head coach) took the pitch in an exciting match against the TRSA U7 Green Dragons.  Most of the action was in the Vipers own zone, but they managed a 1-1 draw after some strong defensive performances.

And more importantly, I only had to tell one kid to "pay attention to the ball" once, and not a single kid refused to take the field when asked.  A big step up from last year's team. :)

Nice. 5 on 5? My U6 son plays 4 on 4. He wants to be a goalie more than anything else, so he's really, really waiting for U7.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tamas

FunkMonk

Fuck Tottenham those fucking fuckers

Ajax  :(
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Maladict

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on May 08, 2019, 04:26:39 PM
:(

Don't worry there won't be a injury time winner in the Brexit negotiations, just five straight own goals.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 08, 2019, 07:41:18 AM
The Twin Brooks U7 boys Vipers (yours truly the head coach) took the pitch in an exciting match against the TRSA U7 Green Dragons.  Most of the action was in the Vipers own zone, but they managed a 1-1 draw after some strong defensive performances.

And more importantly, I only had to tell one kid to "pay attention to the ball" once, and not a single kid refused to take the field when asked.  A big step up from last year's team. :)

Nice. 5 on 5? My U6 son plays 4 on 4. He wants to be a goalie more than anything else, so he's really, really waiting for U7.

Yup 5 on 5 with a goalie.  Almost all the kids want to play goalie (plus they can get easily bored) so I just rotate the goalie when we substitute players.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Liep

Crazy semis. Can't wait for the final
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

And the final will be on a free channel over here, unlike all other games.

Maladict

Quote from: mongers on May 08, 2019, 04:50:40 PM
Quote from: Maladict on May 08, 2019, 04:26:39 PM
:(

Don't worry there won't be a injury time winner in the Brexit negotiations, just five straight own goals.  :bowler:

:hug:

Josquius

Quote from: Barrister on May 08, 2019, 04:54:54 PM

Yup 5 on 5 with a goalie.  Almost all the kids want to play goalie (plus they can get easily bored) so I just rotate the goalie when we substitute players.

That's funny. When I was a kid being goalie was the position nobody wanted generally. Those few who liked it could have it.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Good idea.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Tyr on May 09, 2019, 01:40:20 AM

That's funny. When I was a kid being goalie was the position nobody wanted generally. Those few who liked it could have it.

Remember we're talking about U7 kids.  I think they just like it because being goalie is "special".  Once we have to have a full-time keeper I suspect a lot would lose interest.

And I agree - I personally would want no part of being a goalie.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tamas

4 English teams in the two European cup finals!