Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Europa League Quarter Finals draw

- Arsenal - Naples
clash of Titans?

- Villarreal - Valencia
based on their Liga standing Valencia but Villareal is resilient in the Europa League
PS: A real derby!

- Slavia Prague - Chelsea
best draw for Chelsea though FC Sevilla may beg to differ

- Benfica - Frankfurt
Benfica had trouble with Dynamo Zagreb on the previous round but I hope they are busy with an European competition till the final so they can't focus on the Portuguese league. Advantage for the Eintracht which got rid of Inter Milano.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

:lmfao:

And the two Austrian goals by a guy named Arnautovic.  :P

Josquius

A lot of fun being made of Scotland losing to Kazakhstan too
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Left the game at 0-3, Denmark had played horrible. When I got back to the hostel it was 3-3. Yay, I guess.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

Are those kids that walk onto the field with the players children of fans who have paid a meelion dollars for the priviledge?

Josquius

Sunderland will never win at Wembley. :(
Luckily doesn't seem to have knocked us in the league too much

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 04, 2019, 01:12:42 AM
Are those kids that walk onto the field with the players children of fans who have paid a meelion dollars for the priviledge?

No. They usually come from local schools or associated charities or the like.
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Quote from: Tyr on April 04, 2019, 02:26:55 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 04, 2019, 01:12:42 AM

No. They usually come from local schools or associated charities or the like.

#Notallteams, nowadays some clubs charge quite a lot of money for it. West Ham charges 700 pounds for it, Leicester 600, Tottenham 400... It is known from quite some years already, not exactly breaking news.

Liep

City - Tottenham

What a crazy fantastic game.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

FunkMonk

I'm no Liverpool fan but lmaooooo fucken Barcelona just love giving up in the second leg loooool
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

mongers

A deserved epic win for Liverpool.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tamas

FFS I thought I was done with this for the weeknights but had to listen to the lowlife Liverpool fan upstairs screaming for all the goals as usual.

Barcelona was a bloody disgrace.

Barrister

The Twin Brooks U7 boys Vipers (yours truly the head coach) took the pitch in an exciting match against the TRSA U7 Green Dragons.  Most of the action was in the Vipers own zone, but they managed a 1-1 draw after some strong defensive performances.

And more importantly, I only had to tell one kid to "pay attention to the ball" once, and not a single kid refused to take the field when asked.  A big step up from last year's team. :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

mongers

Quote from: Barrister on May 07, 2019, 04:22:53 PM
The Twin Brooks U7 boys Vipers (yours truly the head coach) took the pitch in an exciting match against the TRSA U7 Green Dragons.  Most of the action was in the Vipers own zone, but they managed a 1-1 draw after some strong defensive performances.

And more importantly, I only had to tell one kid to "pay attention to the ball" once, and not a single kid refused to take the field when asked.  A big step up from last year's team. :)

With that kind of performance, I can see why Kloop felt he had to up his game tonight.  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.