News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: Jacob on December 07, 2017, 01:06:15 PM
I for one am happy to see the smaller teams - like Iceland and Costa Rica - represented in the World Cup. Cinderella stories are much more interesting than the usual heavy-weights battling it out.

I agree, anything to destroy mono's system.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on December 07, 2017, 01:24:25 PM
Quote from: Jacob on December 07, 2017, 01:06:15 PM
I for one am happy to see the smaller teams - like Iceland and Costa Rica - represented in the World Cup. Cinderella stories are much more interesting than the usual heavy-weights battling it out.

I agree, anything to destroy mono's system.

Mono's ideal system would be the Champions' League then.  :P

HVC

Congrats to tfc. Another Toronto team that can outshine the leafs :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Liep

I'm applying for tickets for Denmark's game against France in Moscow. I suspect we'll get a sound beating, but I don't have time off for the other two games.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

Quote from: HVC on December 09, 2017, 07:19:54 PM
Congrats to tfc. Another Toronto team that can outshine the leafs :D

We're having a parade  :)
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Some intriguing matchups in Champions League.

Real v PSG  :D
Chelsea v Barca
Juve v Spurs.

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Duque de Bragança

PSG has had better luck vs Real than vs Barça, Josephus, if case you're wondering.  :P

celedhring

FIFA threatens to ban Spain from the World Cup for "political meddling" after the head of the Spanish FA was arrested on corruption charges this summer, and the Spanish sports council is now attempting to remove the rest of his stooges by forcing an election :lol:

HVC

Aw FIFA, the Disney version of a villain organization.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

celedhring

Liep

George Weah was just elected president of Liberia.

Duque de Bragança

Background
George Weah first and only African player to win France Football's Ballon d'Or , back in 1995. Former PSG and AC  Milan player.

Josquius

So he is Liberian.
That explains why you never saw him in internationals.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Does Swansea have a Reifenstahlian tinge?  Caught a game t'other night and got kind of a Mosely vibe.

Gups

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 29, 2017, 05:34:01 PM
Does Swansea have a Reifenstahlian tinge?  Caught a game t'other night and got kind of a Mosely vibe.

Not that I've ever heard of.

Had a dads and lads footie trip to Italy a few weekends ago. We we're in the ultrasound end for Inter v Udinese. Some serious Mussolini shit going down there. Long time since I've heard monkey noises whenever an opppo black player touched the ball.