News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Two teams I hate. At least it was a good game.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: celedhring on June 03, 2017, 05:40:22 PM
Quote from: Zanza on June 03, 2017, 01:34:48 PM
Go Juve!

Fuck Juve.

You can always trust them to lose a CL final.

How cruel of you to assimilate them to Benfica.  :thumbsdown:

Zanza

Qatar, host of the 2022 WC (Thanks Sepp), has now been accused of being a state sponsor of terror by Saudi Arabia (takes one to know one?) and some other Arab countries. These countries have stopped diplomatic relations and closed borders...

Syt

Not sure whether I should laugh or cry ...
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Zanza on June 05, 2017, 01:14:20 AM
Qatar, host of the 2022 WC (Thanks Sepp), has now been accused of being a state sponsor of terror by Saudi Arabia (takes one to know one?) and some other Arab countries. These countries have stopped diplomatic relations and closed borders...

:lol:

There can be only one! [spoiler]State sponsor of Wahhabism.  :P[/spoiler]

FunkMonk

I would say the USA has a small chance at hosting it now but I am not confident our country will be around much longer.  :(
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

HVC

Can Qatar get a refund on their bribes?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josephus

Qatar WC is not for five years. Trump will fix all terrorism problems by then

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

Quote from: Syt on June 05, 2017, 01:28:07 AM
Not sure whether I should laugh or cry ...

It's only a game.  :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Duque de Bragança

Well, I did not see this one coming.  :blink:
Sweden 2 France 1
Victory goal 94th thanks to a fluke by Lloris, very well exploited by Toivonen from the midfield.

Play-offs could be hellish with France, Spain or Italy. Not to mention Portugal.

PS: and Hungary managed to lose against Andorra 1-0.  :hmm:
First victory in 66 games for Andorra.

Josquius

Seems to be quite some talk about changing some rules

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/40311889
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Quote from: Tyr on June 24, 2017, 06:46:05 AM
Seems to be quite some talk about changing some rules

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/40311889

The anti-time-wasting measures sounds promising, I would add a shot to the back of the head for filming.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

the anti-time wasting measures will also be the first step for allowing in-game commercials. "Corner? Wait 30 seconds before you take it."
Civis Romanus Sum

Liep

Quote from: Josephus on June 24, 2017, 08:37:04 AM
the anti-time wasting measures will also be the first step for allowing in-game commercials. "Corner? Wait 30 seconds before you take it."

Yeah, some places in Europe they already do the picture-in-picture commercial and throw in a quick commercial while you try and watch the replay on the small screen. :angry:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk