Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Tyr on April 25, 2017, 11:58:34 AM
Quote from: mongers on April 25, 2017, 09:19:16 AM
Tyr must be gutted; Newcastle returns to the premiership.  :bowler:

It was pretty inevitable. Hoping they fail to win the league still. That'll be something considering their boasts of how it was going to be a walk over.

Sunderland's 10-year stay in the Premier League ended as Bournemouth scored a late winner at the Stadium of Light.

The result coupled with Hull City's draw at Southampton means David Moyes' side are 13 points behind the Tigers with four games left.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39676422

Commiserations. :whistle:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

Meh.
Nobody is all that upset at this result. We've seen it as inevitable for several months now.
There was a spell... a few months ago...where it looked like we might have a chance. Things were finally working. We got a few wins. Then we got hit by injuries and it all fell apart.
In the Sunderland fan community there have been some been saying for months the championship could even be good for us. Get rid of some of the dead wood and setup a team that can win again.
Some even whisper this is what the board wanted. That they have intentionally planned to be relegated due to the wage reduction clauses in many player's contracts.

I'm... kind of worried.
I'm pretty certain we won't bounce right back. That would need money; Newcastle threw lots of money at the problem as is their way and it still hasn't been a walkover for them. And Sunderland just don't have money. Our finances are a mess. We've been treading water and playing the short term game for too long. Our chairman wants out, though since we are a business in decline which has yet to bottom out, there are of course no buyers.
I'm just hoping we avoid going the way of Leeds, or worse, Portsmouth.

Our current squad as it stands, even taking into account the inevitable loss of some top players... should be enough to get a mid table finish in the championship quite easily.
Though the off the pitch money issues.....
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

It was pretty inevitable. Hoping they fail to win the league still. That'll be something considering their boasts of how it was going to be a walk over.

No comfort for Sunderland fans this year.

I hear Moyes is staying? He seems a broken man to me.

Duque de Bragança

Benfica just needs to win the next game to be Salazar Liga champion. Too many ties by Porto lately. :(

Josquius

Quote from: celedhring on May 07, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

No comfort for Sunderland fans this year.

I hear Moyes is staying? He seems a broken man to me.

Apparently.

Maybe with  an actual pre season he can do something? I still place the bulk of the blame with England and allardyce.
But I'm not enthusiastic.

Hoping the championship level players don't see us as just a way to easy money too.
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Larch

Quote from: Liep on May 29, 2017, 02:45:09 AM
I don't even like Totti or Roma but this is still amazing.

https://twitter.com/OfficialASRoma/status/868935953502674945

Apparently the guy didn't even want to retire even if he's about to turn 41. He's had to be gently nudged out of the way by the club's new sporting director.

Maladict

Yeah, good stuff.  :cool:

Saw him play in 2003, didn't particularly like him before but you can't help being impressed.

FunkMonk

Powerful stuff.

Football is fuckin' magical.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Zanza

Maladict

Maladict

I was watching a delayed broadcast  :(

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Quote from: Zanza on June 03, 2017, 01:34:48 PM
Go Juve!

Fuck Juve.

You can always trust them to lose a CL final.