And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 27, 2016, 05:49:37 PM
Quote from: celedhring on September 27, 2016, 05:48:05 PM
What an idiot. Gets the job of his dreams, can't stay out of dodgy deals for even a few weeks.

I dunno.  400,000 quid vs. managing a shyte team?

He'd been chasing the England job for years, and he was already on 3 million quid/year.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: celedhring on September 27, 2016, 05:52:55 PM
He'd been chasing the England job for years, and he was already on 3 million quid/year.

OK.  That's more quid.

celedhring

IIRC the England manager is the best paid manager in world football. Obviously not a results-driven position.

Liep

Take a look at this first timer from Copenhagen - Brugge.  :showoff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUnGsZHjHP8
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

Quote from: celedhring on September 27, 2016, 05:58:45 PM
IIRC the England manager is the best paid manager in world football. Obviously not a results-driven position.
Probably also the most media spotlighted position though.
██████
██████
██████

Agelastus

Well, I for one am glad that he's gone; he should not have been given the job in the first place.

Given the record of current English-born Football Managers at the moment they should have swallowed their pride, accepted the criticism and recruited from abroad again.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Gups

Quote from: Agelastus on September 28, 2016, 11:28:43 AM
Well, I for one am glad that he's gone; he should not have been given the job in the first place.

Given the record of current English-born Football Managers at the moment they should have swallowed their pride, accepted the criticism and recruited from abroad again.

But our foreign recruits have been awful too. Nobody genuinely good would want the job.

Josephus

Quote from: Tyr on September 27, 2016, 05:20:35 PM
And he's gone. He takes with him the record as England's best ever manager- 100% win record.

:D
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Maladict

Vannes goalkeeper Jean-François Bédénik stops penalty kick with his back, as well as two rebound attempts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdFBxgAJG3w

Josquius

Quote from: Maladict on October 02, 2016, 07:14:53 AM
Vannes goalkeeper Jean-François Bédénik stops penalty kick with his back, as well as two rebound attempts.
I'm struggling to comprehend quite what happened with that penalty. :blink:
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Tyr on October 02, 2016, 08:01:19 AM
Quote from: Maladict on October 02, 2016, 07:14:53 AM
I'm struggling to comprehend quite what happened with that penalty. :blink:

CFA 2 power!

Liep

Quote from: The Larch on July 28, 2016, 06:03:22 AM
Quote from: Liep on July 28, 2016, 05:53:43 AM
When he's good he's really good and can change a game (in the Danish league), but he seems to have a lot of off days. It could help him I think to play in a better league, or he could fade out completely :P

Mmm, could be interesting then but the off days issue might be a red flag. We already have another Dane, Daniel wass, so that could be helpful for Sisto if he ends up coming. Let's see how it goes!

So it's going okay I suppose?

The Larch

Quote from: Liep on October 04, 2016, 08:01:20 AM
Quote from: The Larch on July 28, 2016, 06:03:22 AM
Quote from: Liep on July 28, 2016, 05:53:43 AM
When he's good he's really good and can change a game (in the Danish league), but he seems to have a lot of off days. It could help him I think to play in a better league, or he could fade out completely :P

Mmm, could be interesting then but the off days issue might be a red flag. We already have another Dane, Daniel wass, so that could be helpful for Sisto if he ends up coming. Let's see how it goes!

So it's going okay I suppose?

So far so good!  :lol:

HVC

Aww poor Malta. I'm cheering for them because it'd be funny for England to lose.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.