Phony Replica Apple Stores Popping Up in China

Started by garbon, July 20, 2011, 04:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Not sure why it is funny that the US is China's little bitch these days.

Josquius

Saw this on TV, its pretty elaborate and realistic looking, even the staff thought it was the real deal.
Yet still such an Engrish fail :(
██████
██████
██████

HisMajestyBOB

And all the companies will continue to naively try to break into the Chinese market. "Any day now!"
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

jimmy olsen

QuoteApple never writes "Apple Store" on it's signs – it just puts up the glowing, iconic fruit.

The name tags around the necks of the friendly salespeople didn't actually have names on them – just an Apple logo and the anonymous designation "Staff".

Meh, I see stores that are really western companies and they're still victimized by Engrish, in a country where there's even less exposure to English I'd expect it to be worse. That wouldn't have tipped me off. The shoddy construction on the other hand would.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

I see several hundred jars worth of Apple Butter there.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

chipwich

Quote from: Martinus on July 20, 2011, 04:01:09 PM

How is this the an indication that the US is China's bitch? Looks like the opposite to me.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on July 20, 2011, 09:25:29 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 20, 2011, 07:05:10 PM
I see several hundred jars worth of Apple Butter there.  :)

Apple pie  :mad:

Enough to make apple jelly, apple crumb cake and have some apples left over as well. :mmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Quote from: chipwich on July 21, 2011, 12:00:16 AM

How is this the an indication that the US is China's bitch? Looks like the opposite to me.

They are stealing with impunity from your own citizens and all you can do is laugh, because you are powerless to stop them. You may be a bitch in self-denial, but you are still a bitch.

katmai

Trust Marti here chip.

He's an expert in being a bitch in self denial

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Josquius

Quote from: Martinus on July 21, 2011, 02:15:12 AM

They are stealing with impunity from your own citizens and all you can do is laugh, because you are powerless to stop them. You may be a bitch in self-denial, but you are still a bitch.

They've been doing that since long before their rise. Most other east Asian countries have the same lax outlook on copyright.
██████
██████
██████

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on July 21, 2011, 08:37:16 AM
Quote from: Martinus on July 21, 2011, 02:15:12 AM

They've been doing that since long before their rise. Most other east Asian countries have the same lax outlook on copyright.

I'm not sure I understand this opinion that I should consider the Chinese stealing from Apple as an affront to myself. :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.