Started by garbon, July 20, 2011, 04:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: garbon on July 21, 2011, 10:15:36 AM
Quote from: Tyr on July 21, 2011, 08:37:16 AM
Quote from: Martinus on July 21, 2011, 02:15:12 AM
Quote from: chipwich on July 21, 2011, 12:00:16 AM
Quote from: Martinus on July 20, 2011, 04:01:09 PM
Not sure why it is funny that the US is China's little bitch these days.

How is this the an indication that the US is China's bitch? Looks like the opposite to me.

They are stealing with impunity from your own citizens and all you can do is laugh, because you are powerless to stop them. You may be a bitch in self-denial, but you are still a bitch.

They've been doing that since long before their rise. Most other east Asian countries have the same lax outlook on copyright.

I'm not sure I understand this opinion that I should consider the Chinese stealing from Apple as an affront to myself. :huh:

I don't understand his opinion that some how the Chinese stealing from Apple is solely against Amercians & not also of anything east of the Volga, Poland included.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Jacob

Quote from: Martinus on July 21, 2011, 02:15:12 AMThey are stealing with impunity from your own citizens and all you can do is laugh, because you are powerless to stop them. You may be a bitch in self-denial, but you are still a bitch.

Unlike, say Poland, which has a strong record of vigorously defending its valuable intellectual property of course.

mongers

The story may be untrue, a hoax or just confused reporting of something legitimate.

edit:
This item suggests it might be the latter:
http://m.theregister.co.uk/2011/07/21/fake_apple_stores/
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

jimmy olsen

Well the article does say that

QuoteNow we can't officially confirm that the three stores quoted by the blogging NGO are or are not authorised resellers – perhaps Reg readers can help out here. We've an urgent appointment with a pint. But we know someone who has: has taken a much more critical look at the evidence, done some cross checking against the official list, and found that none of the three that are pictured are resellers. Even this isn't quite conclusive, as Apple China pages are at sixes and sevens; for example, the Chinese language page reports four official Apple Stores and the English language page counts five. New resellers are popping up all the time, so perhaps Reg readers could corroborate.

so I would say that it's still likely they're fake.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point