News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Women > men

Started by Martinus, July 15, 2011, 01:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

Quote from: LaCroix on July 15, 2011, 01:58:09 PM
Quote from: HVC on July 15, 2011, 01:47:13 PMcompetetion. dudes want to impress the girls so they try harder :D

but then 3 males, 3 women shouldn't really be any different than 2 males and 4 women, etc

And did the study test that?

HVC

Morewomen mean less need to compete. When in doubt there are two truths in the world: men want sex and women want to be impressed
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Martinus

Quote from: HVC on July 15, 2011, 01:47:13 PM
Quote from: LaCroix on July 15, 2011, 01:42:21 PM
thread title reminds me of this, if completely unrelated :P
competetion. dudes want to impress the girls so they try harder :D
So how come some of the greatest brains were fags?

HVC

they wanted to impress and nail their male colleagues :P. And really, why do gays always want to claim all achievements :lol: .
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Martinus

Quote from: HVC on July 15, 2011, 02:18:24 PM
they wanted to impress and nail their male colleagues :P. And really, why do gays always want to claim all achievements :lol: .
Not all. But for example the Italian renaissance had an overrepresentation of homos. :P

LaCroix

Quote from: HVC on July 15, 2011, 02:08:56 PM
Morewomen mean less need to compete. When in doubt there are two truths in the world: men want sex and women want to be impressed

but the "group intelligence" increased with the greater disparity in women (more) to men (less). at least, i assume based off-

QuoteBut so far, the data show, the more women, the better.

@slargos: i think so, because that's what it seems the conclusion is. maybe not

HVC

The more the better doesnt mean more women then men. Anyway tongues been firmly in cheek since the start of this thread. No idea why groups got smarter.

garbon

Quote from: Slargos on July 15, 2011, 01:45:54 PM
:lmfao:

Yes, this is why women are behind all of recorded history's scientific progress, after all.  :hmm:

I have no doubt that the presence of females will provoke nerds into working harder, in a bid to impress them, but I wouldn't expect the results to be directly proportional to the amount of females, rather the opposite.

You realize that the study was about groups, right? Doesn't that just show that they help with an assist?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Quote from: Martinus on July 15, 2011, 02:13:21 PM
Quote from: HVC on July 15, 2011, 01:47:13 PM
Quote from: LaCroix on July 15, 2011, 01:42:21 PM
thread title reminds me of this, if completely unrelated :P
competetion. dudes want to impress the girls so they try harder :D
So how come some of the greatest brains were fags?

Dream on, little canary.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Speaking seriously, women tend to add a significant cooperative/conciliatory element to a group. From my experience, whenever I was in negotiations with only / predominantly men, there has always been a lot of time wasted on dig-waving/posturing/trying to prove who is right and whatnot. When I went to negotiations with a female partner I work with, however, she often managed to turn this into more cooperative excercise, by conceding points that were unnecessary and whatnot. 

Ed Anger

Women are best in the kitchen making me a sandwich.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

How does one objectively assess the results of a brainstorming session?  It's possible the results are legit, it's also possible the results were rigged.

Ideologue

Women's plumbing is better, you crypto-straight.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

While external plumbing has its downside, I wouldn't trade it for visits from Aunt Flo.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 15, 2011, 03:10:53 PM
How does one objectively assess the results of a brainstorming session?  It's possible the results are legit, it's also possible the results were rigged.
Well, from the exercises I participated in, they give you a fixed time limit and a goal ("produce 10 ideas to deal with a problem and present it to the examiner"). The group that is able to prepare a final product is better than a group that just spends the time talking. I noticed women are better in structuring.