News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

4:20 - is it in your city

Started by crazy canuck, April 20, 2009, 05:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fhdz

Quote from: katmai on April 20, 2009, 05:36:28 PM
I'd think same could be said of Portland and some other cities.

You'd be right!
and the horse you rode in on

garbon

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on April 21, 2009, 12:02:42 PM
The concept is fundamentally un-British. What on earth is the point of being a pot-smoking layabout if you have to do it to someone else's timetable  :huh:?

Most wouldn't smoke only at 4,20; it's just that, that time(and/or day depending) is a sort of celebration of it.  Sort of like how the glory of mass consumption is celebrated on December 25th, but that doesn't stop one from consuming all year long.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Brazen

The concept is fundamentally un-British. What on earth is the point of being a pot-smoking layabout if you have to do it to someone else's timetable  :huh:?
It would clash with tea-time too  :mad:

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

BuddhaRhubarb

pfft re: cookie dosage. all the reputable local makers of such treats know how to do it right. Never had a bad time with it (that wasn't my own fault)
:p

Malthus

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on April 21, 2009, 12:36:51 PM
pfft re: cookie dosage. all the reputable local makers of such treats know how to do it right. Never had a bad time with it (that wasn't my own fault)

Well, unless you actually know the guy who makes them, you may not have a good handle on how "reputable" they really are - but that being said, everyone's tollerance to the drug is different, and with the eaten form the difference between the dose needed to get you high and the dose which will make you uncomfortable is reasonably narrow. When eating the stuff you are dealing with several unknowns - how potent the pot that went in it is, how much went in it, how the processing has altered that potency, your tollerance relative to the guy making it, etc.

In contrast, with smoking the stuff you have a much better handle on dosage control, since the high is relatively quick, and taken in incremental manner - one takes one toke and then another and another, effectively "forward titrating" the dose. When you eat, you eat all at once. So when smoking, you don't need as much information or trust (plus you can see and smell the actual pot).
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Malthus on April 21, 2009, 01:28:25 PM
In contrast, with smoking the stuff you have a much better handle on dosage control, since the high is relatively quick, and taken in incremental manner - one takes one toke and then another and another, effectively "forward titrating" the dose. When you eat, you eat all at once. So when smoking, you don't need as much information or trust (plus you can see and smell the actual pot).
One of the nice things about smoking dope is that when you're too stoned you're usually too stoned to roll another joint.

Martinus

Quote from: Caliga on April 21, 2009, 07:24:53 AM
Quote from: Brazen on April 21, 2009, 07:23:57 AM
This thread made me Wiki 4:20  :angry:

:blink: They don't have this term in Britain?  You don't strike me as particularly sheltered...

Isn't it like the 5 o-clock tea?

Malthus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 21, 2009, 02:10:25 PM

One of the nice things about smoking dope is that when you're too stoned you're usually too stoned to roll another joint.

Yup, exactly.

If you are eating and you ate too much, it is too late when you start feeling the effects. Plus, the effects are typically delayed by half an hour or more.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

I wanna see somebody totally flip out on pot.  :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on April 21, 2009, 01:28:25 PM

This is also the reason it is very hard to get cancer from smoking dope...you just cannot chain smoke it like cigarettes.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

I am pretty tolerant when it comes to this sort of thing.  I don't care if people smoke pot anymore then I care whether they smoke cigarettes.  I just care if they invade my space while doing it.

However, these kinds of events are not exactly the best PR for the decriminalization movement.  Whenever I see the folks that turn out to them I can't help but think that pot had some causal effect on their lives and I begin to rethink my stance.

Its kind of like when I question my views on gay rights after reading too many of Marti's posts.

Malthus

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 21, 2009, 03:52:54 PM
I am pretty tolerant when it comes to this sort of thing.  I don't care if people smoke pot anymore then I care whether they smoke cigarettes.  I just care if they invade my space while doing it.

However, these kinds of events are not exactly the best PR for the decriminalization movement.  Whenever I see the folks that turn out to them I can't help but think that pot had some causal effect on their lives and I begin to rethink my stance.

Its kind of like when I question my views on gay rights after reading too many of Marti's posts.

Heh, there is a certain ... self-selection going on. The freakshows are more likely to make a great to-do over their pot-smoking and thus are over-represented at such events.  :D

That being said, I'm of the view that regular, heavy pot smoking isn't good for anyone. Pretty well everyone I know who smokes the stuff regularly and heavily has, I think, some bad effects from it (though not nearly as bad in this respect as regular heavy drinking).

Caliga

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 21, 2009, 03:52:54 PMIts kind of like when I question my views on gay rights after reading too many of Marti's posts.

:lol: I kinda doubt Marti is this way "in real life", and nearly all of the gays I've known offline have been delightful.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Neil

Quote from: Caliga on April 21, 2009, 05:25:13 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on April 21, 2009, 03:52:54 PMIts kind of like when I question my views on gay rights after reading too many of Marti's posts.

:lol: I kinda doubt Marti is this way "in real life", and nearly all of the gays I've known offline have been delightful.
We're seeing the real Martinus, the evil that lurks in the heart of every gay.

By not supporting my 'Freedom For Homos' Bill, you're siding with the forces whose mission is to destroy humanity.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.