Pastafarian wins right to wear strainer in driving licence photo

Started by Brazen, July 13, 2011, 09:22:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Viking

Quote from: Malthus on July 14, 2011, 01:23:40 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 14, 2011, 01:08:01 PM
So has Vikings lost his mind here? :unsure:

Well, to be fair, he's getting dogpiled pretty hard.

It's annoying trying to keep track of 6 or 7 different arguments in my head at the same time.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Jacob

Quote from: Viking on July 14, 2011, 01:30:52 PMIt's annoying trying to keep track of 6 or 7 different arguments in my head at the same time.

... and it probably gets even more confusing when you have to keep track of the ones you're having on languish too.

Viking

Quote from: Jacob on July 14, 2011, 01:37:56 PM
Quote from: Viking on July 14, 2011, 01:30:52 PMIt's annoying trying to keep track of 6 or 7 different arguments in my head at the same time.

... and it probably gets even more confusing when you have to keep track of the ones you're having on languish too.

good point, that too...

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Viking on July 14, 2011, 09:24:26 AM
Well his sincere atheism, sincere humanism and his sincere skepticism mean that he feels that it is his moral duty to wear the pasta strainer.

Take a breather for a moment, then say this sentence aloud.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Berkut

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 14, 2011, 01:56:00 PM
Well his sincere atheism, sincere humanism and his sincere skepticism mean that he feels that it is his moral duty to wear the pasta strainer.

:lol:

That really is pretty funny, isn't it?

And really, on the basics, I agree with viking...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Slargos

And yet we recognize beating yourself bloody or speaking in tongues as valid expressions of religious faith. Why is wearing a pasta strainer as a hat any more ridiculous?

The Brain

Quote from: Slargos on July 14, 2011, 02:05:40 PM
And yet we recognize beating yourself bloody or speaking in tongues as valid expressions of religious faith. Why is wearing a pasta strainer as a hat any more ridiculous?

Because in religioland it's less ridiculous if you actually believe the BS. No I don't get it either.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Flagellation and speaking in tongues are generally some pretty oddball beliefs though.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Viking on July 14, 2011, 01:17:17 PM
The reason you claim I have an impossible level of proof is because I require some and you have none.

Boy have you misread my posts.

You have a different level of proof for things you will believe.  That is fine.  A person who believes in God necessarily does not require that level of proof because it would be impossible to obtain that proof.  But that is also fine for them.

To say that I have no proof entirely misses the point since am an not advocating the theist position.   

Viking

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 14, 2011, 01:56:00 PM

Take this sentence out of context, then say this sentence aloud.

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on July 14, 2011, 02:14:30 PM

Flagellation and speaking in tongues are generally some pretty oddball beliefs though.

If they were dressed in SS uniforms at the time, Slargy would be okay with it.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on July 14, 2011, 02:23:08 PM

If they were dressed in SS uniforms at the time, Slargy would be okay with it.  :D

If they had big breasts Cal would be ok with it.

Malthus

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 14, 2011, 02:23:58 PM
Quote from: Malthus on July 14, 2011, 02:23:08 PM

If they had big breasts Cal would be ok with it.

If they were oriental and tied up in a basement, CdM would be okay with it.