Pastafarian wins right to wear strainer in driving licence photo

Started by Brazen, July 13, 2011, 09:22:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 13, 2011, 10:23:07 AM
Quote from: Viking on July 13, 2011, 10:12:06 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 13, 2011, 10:06:46 AM
Eh. The Lebanese here are usually christians.

Sophistry!!

Most cats may be black, but most black things are not necessarily cats.

A black cat is a black cat.

RACISS!!!

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tamas on July 13, 2011, 10:31:49 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 13, 2011, 10:23:07 AM
Quote from: Viking on July 13, 2011, 10:12:06 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 13, 2011, 10:06:46 AM
Eh. The Lebanese here are usually christians.

Sophistry!!

Most cats may be black, but most black things are not necessarily cats.

A black cat is a black cat.

RACISS!!!

No, it's speciest. Cats should be genocided.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HisMajestyBOB

Pastafarians and Discordians annoy me far more than any fundamentalist Christian.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Grey Fox

Quote from: HVC on July 13, 2011, 10:35:39 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 13, 2011, 10:32:48 AM

Cats only hate evil people. FYI <_< :P

Are you sure? They hate me & I'm evil but they don't seem to appreciate non-evil people too.

Malthus

Quote from: Brazen on July 13, 2011, 09:22:03 AM
Austrian driver's religious headgear strains credulity

An Austrian atheist has won the right to be shown on his driving-licence photo wearing a pasta strainer as "religious headgear".

Niko Alm first applied for the licence three years ago after reading that headgear was allowed in official pictures only for confessional reasons.

Mr Alm said the sieve was a requirement of his religion, pastafarianism.

The government should get the last laugh, and *require* him to wear his "religiously mandated headgear" at all times in public.  :contract:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Grey Fox

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on July 13, 2011, 10:38:01 AM
Pastafarians and Discordians annoy me far more than any fundamentalist Christian.

Stop giving concessions to real religions & fake religions won't have to make ridiculous points.

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

That is only because they are right and you hate people being nasty by challenging the cognitive dissonance of others.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

Quote from: Viking on July 13, 2011, 10:55:14 AM

That is only because they are right and you hate people being nasty by challenging the cognitive dissonance of others.

What like people who talk about being scientific and believe in memes?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Viking

Quote from: Razgovory on July 13, 2011, 11:00:09 AM
Quote from: Viking on July 13, 2011, 10:55:14 AM

What like people who talk about being scientific and believe in memes?

No, like people who assume that regardless of what I actually say your strawman of me is more accurate in describing my views than I can myself.

Malthus

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 13, 2011, 10:44:56 AM

Stop giving concessions to real religions & fake religions won't have to make ridiculous points.

The amusing thing is the notion that the sort of trollery represented by the guy in the article is going to convince anyone of anything. Like an Orthodox Jew or a committed Sikh is going to suddenly exclaim 'oh my, this guy looks like a real jerk wearing a strainer on his head and is mocking me for fun. Why, I must be dead wrong about my beliefs!  :hmm: '

This sort of thinking is almost as much fantasy as religion.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Razgovory

Quote from: Viking on July 13, 2011, 11:03:05 AM

No, like people who assume that regardless of what I actually say your strawman of me is more accurate in describing my views than I can myself.

You believe in memes?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

They should have simply beaten this guy with a large stick.

HVC

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 13, 2011, 10:38:53 AM
Quote from: HVC on July 13, 2011, 10:35:39 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 13, 2011, 10:32:48 AM

Cats only hate evil people. FYI <_< :P

Are you sure? They hate me & I'm evil but they don't seem to appreciate non-evil people too.
your friends are evil by association. cats can sense that.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.