No Small Fries: Restaurant Bans Kids Under Six Years Old

Started by garbon, July 12, 2011, 02:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Malthus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 14, 2011, 08:50:10 AM
He didn't say the guy acted rude, he said his kid wouldn't shut up.

The rude part is this:

Quotehis father said and did nothing to stop him.

Most reasonable folk don't blame kids for acting like kids, but the parents for not enforcing good standards of behaviour on 'em. Like "use you indoor voice" when they are being loud, or to be quiet when others are talking or during a movie.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HVC

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 14, 2011, 08:55:52 AM
Mart's tiny fists balled up in impotent gay rage.
it's just his breeder envy showing.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ed Anger

Quote from: HVC on July 14, 2011, 08:56:54 AM

It is his subhuman side showing.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Malthus

Heh when I've had a bad day with Carl, I'm envying the gays.  :D

Though overall I'm lucky, Carl is usually a good kid (and gets his looks from his mom, thankfully.  ;) )
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Malthus on July 14, 2011, 08:56:05 AM
Most reasonable folk don't blame kids for acting like kids, but the parents for not enforcing good standards of behaviour on 'em.

I guess I'm unreasonable, because I would be annoyed at the kid.  :lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HVC

Quote from: Malthus on July 14, 2011, 08:59:26 AM

Though overall I'm lucky, Carl is usually a good kid (and gets his looks from his mom, thankfully.  ;) )
hey you got his mom before your lawyer money started rolling in so he could have done worse then end up looking like you lol.

He is a cute kid though. i foresee a  future heart breaker.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

I just always remember the reason I had a kid to begin with: I have somebody to avenge my death if anybody kills me.

'My name is Carl Atwood.  You killed my father.  Prepare to die.'
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Richard Hakluyt

Of course if children never go to restaurants then you will have some very badly-behaved adults when they go to a restaurant for the first time at age 18  :D

It is a normal part of their upbringing IMO; most people are tolerant of children and the minor irritations associated with them as they are the next generation. The problem arises when their parents are assholes and fail to teach the children how to behave..............as several others have pointed out.

Brazen

Having eaten out in restaurants around the world with Languishites, I see the pained expressions other diners give me in the hope I'll stop the boys having screaming arguments about dreadnoughts.

Valmy

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on July 14, 2011, 09:52:25 AM
The problem arises when their parents are assholes and fail to teach the children how to behave..............as several others have pointed out.

And in that case simply complain to the management or ask politely.  Just like you would if they were a bunch of unruley adults.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

Quote from: Brazen on July 14, 2011, 09:56:14 AM
Having eaten out in restaurants around the world with Languishites, I see the pained expressions other diners give me in the hope I'll stop the boys having screaming arguments about dreadnoughts.
:lol:

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Brazen on July 14, 2011, 09:56:14 AM

I think you are right there, I'm fairly sure that my standard of behaviour in restaurants has been in decline ever since I was about 8 or so  :lol:

Barrister

He looks an awful lot like you do Malty. :o
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on July 14, 2011, 10:24:26 AM

He looks an awful lot like you do Malty. :o

I think he's a lot better looking than me. Even when I was the same age.  :D