News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Anyone up for a WITP:AE multiplayer game?

Started by Drakken, July 11, 2011, 09:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakken

I've got the urge to reinstall and play some WITP:AE despite my relative newbieness. Anyone up for a multiplayer game?

Berkut, I'm looking at you.

Doesn't matter if I get trounced. Comes with learning.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

Sorry, I have plans for the next twelve years.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

I actually never even bought AE, although I did have a lot of fun with WitP.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

11B4V

I find as I get older, that games like WitP, while good, dont matter much anymore. Too much time investment.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

HisMajestyBOB

I still need to do a runthrough of Guadalcanal. I've only played the Coral Sea scenario so far.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Drakken

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on July 12, 2011, 09:34:55 PM
I still need to do a runthrough of Guadalcanal. I've only played the Coral Sea scenario so far.

If you're up for a newb multiplayer game, let me know.

I'm open to 3-days turn too, to speed up things.

szmik

I like WitP micromanagement level, but Witp:AE is too much for my taste. I don't know why. I like WitP mods better.

But if you're looking for WitE newb player ...  ;)
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

szmik

Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Ideologue

It only ever took me a month or so to finish any given game of War in the Pacific. :yeah:

Don't have AE, though.  Indeed, I don't have WitP installed on this computer, either.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

grumbler

I might be up for an email WITP AE after school starts again.  I am just too busy during the summer.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!