News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

I have joined the FJ Cruiser crew.

Started by lustindarkness, July 07, 2011, 08:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on November 07, 2013, 07:47:40 PM
They already have the LX and the Land Cruiser for that, though.

I bet what you see is a "rugged" version of the 4Runner as a replacement.

Alas, 4Runner is too much of a Suburban Utility Vehicle.

garbon

Quote from: katmai on November 07, 2013, 08:02:08 PM
Well they have all already bought one, so of course they aren't going out and buying another :p

How does that argue against my point that they are in the minority as people who would like/like to own one? :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

lustindarkness

If I could afford another one I would buy a newer one, but I'll keep my 2008 until the wheels come off (and then turn it into a trail rig).
If the wheels never fall off, I guess I can always be buried in it right? :unsure:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ed Anger

Quote from: lustindarkness on November 07, 2013, 08:41:38 PM
If I could afford another one I would buy a newer one, but I'll keep my 2008 until the wheels come off (and then turn it into a trail rig).
If the wheels never fall off, I guess I can always be buried in it right? :unsure:

I plan on being buried in my Challenger. Or having it set on fire.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

lustindarkness

Quote from: lustindarkness on July 07, 2011, 08:41:31 PM
:)

I got a 2008 silver FJ with 49k miles, loving this thing. Yes, I'm back from Kuwait, as of last week. Great to be back home, I should have time to waste with you all soon enough. That is all.

And I now have 88500 on the odo. That's 39000 in 2 years and @ 3 months.
And I will do another 3500 mile trip next summer. Going back to Moab UT and Ouray CO. All FJC and Toyota 4x4 invited, I would invite seedy, but his heep won't make it.  ;)
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

lustindarkness

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 07, 2013, 08:47:22 PM

Would that be before or after you die? :unsure:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ed Anger

Quote from: lustindarkness on November 07, 2013, 08:49:10 PM

Would that be before or after you die? :unsure:

Depends.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on November 07, 2013, 07:13:50 PM
Land Rovers have such shitty maintenance records.

My bro-in-law has paid God knows how much to keep his Defender 90 alive.  Sure it's cool and fun, but whoa, what a money sink.

We tried to figure out how to replace the battery;  I honestly think the whole Land Rover electrical system is in PAL format.

CountDeMoney

That'll be a lovely sight, as you're careening through the guard rails to the valley floor because that container ship can't take a corner.

Ed Anger

I've always wanted one of those Jags from the 90's. However, being British, I expect it to catch on fire with me in it during a rainstorm.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 07, 2013, 08:59:04 PM

That'll be a lovely sight, as you're careening through the guard rails to the valley floor because that container ship can't take a corner.

I know how to brake.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 07, 2013, 09:00:57 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 07, 2013, 08:59:04 PM

I know how to brake.

Loitering for just a few more awkward moments at the high school crosswalk isn't really "braking".  HEY YOU WANT A BABYSITTING JOB SWEETIE

lustindarkness

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 07, 2013, 08:57:24 PM
Quote from: katmai on November 07, 2013, 07:13:50 PM
Land Rovers have such shitty maintenance records.

My bro-in-law has paid God knows how much to keep his Defender 90 alive.  Sure it's cool and fun, but whoa, what a money sink.

We tried to figure out how to replace the battery;  I honestly think the whole Land Rover electrical system is in PAL format.

I have seen some real nice Defenders, and they all have been money pits. :lol:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 07, 2013, 09:00:32 PM
I've always wanted one of those Jags from the 90's. However, being British, I expect it to catch on fire with me in it during a rainstorm.

Indian now, no?

Caliga

I have started daydreaming about a new car lately (I say daydreaming because I've got at least a solid year before I feel I can get serious about it, since my current car is a 2008) and for some reason my daydreams always come back to a Mustang GT convertible. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points