California lawmakers pass bill to teach gay history

Started by garbon, July 06, 2011, 01:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on July 12, 2011, 08:14:28 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 12, 2011, 08:11:46 PM
Portrayals make him seem like an asshole.

Well, he was from San Francisco.

He wasn't from SF, I think he moved there in his late 30s or early 40s.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: garbon on July 12, 2011, 08:20:22 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 12, 2011, 08:18:08 PM
Good enough.
I think the descriptor that you are looking for is "New Yorker". :contract:
He lived in SF for long enough that he adopted their asshole mannerisms.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on July 12, 2011, 08:21:43 PM

Really? Because by my reckoning he was only in the city slightly more than a decade. And not even during his formative years.

Neil

Quote from: garbon on July 12, 2011, 08:24:02 PM
Quote from: Neil on July 12, 2011, 08:21:43 PM
Really? Because by my reckoning he was only in the city slightly more than a decade. And not even during his formative years.
So?  People assimilate.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Capetan Mihali

He was from the Five Towns, Nassau County, Long Island, USA.   :showoff:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

DGuller

HVC

Quote from: DGuller on July 12, 2011, 11:09:12 PM
And he was an actuary.  :)
and he liked penis'. you two are like kindred spirits :w00t: :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

DGuller

HVC

Quote from: DGuller on July 12, 2011, 11:15:13 PM
Quote from: HVC on July 12, 2011, 11:11:20 PM
Quote from: DGuller on July 12, 2011, 11:09:12 PM
And he was an actuary.  :)
and he liked penis'. you two are like kindred spirits :w00t: :P
Asshole.  :ultra:
comeon. it's funny :P you can call me an eggplant if it makes you feel better :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.