News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Why did teenagers stop getting jobs?

Started by MadImmortalMan, July 05, 2011, 12:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

I don't think I'd want to get on a plane with a musical act.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 06, 2011, 11:46:17 AM

Bruce Dickinson is a pilot, at least.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Barrister

Quote from: alfred russel on July 06, 2011, 11:15:17 AM
Quote from: Malthus on July 06, 2011, 11:08:28 AM
I worry about riding the intercity busses in Canada, because of the prevelance of Chinese decapitators.  ;)

I would never, and have never, taken an intercity bus in the US or Canada. I think Poland is a bit different.

Here in Alberta there's a company that does a very nice 'upscale' intercity bus service between Calgary, Edmonton, and Ft. McMurray.  Given how much of a gong show those highways are I'd prefer to take that bus than drive if I can manage it.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

Edmonton-Fort Mac in particular is a disaster, and the QE2 could probably use another lane going each way.

I'm going to have to drive down there for my wife's family reunion in August.  I am:  Sad.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

Man, the 63 looks, atleast on Street View, like some regular Quebec Highway. That's really not good.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 06, 2011, 11:47:32 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 06, 2011, 11:46:17 AM

Bruce Dickinson is a pilot, at least.

So is David Gilmour, of Pink Floyd.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

DGuller

Before I had a car, I regularly took Greyhounds to and from Atlantic City.  They're all right, the far more annoying part of taking these buses are the wait times to board them.  Now that I have a car, taking a bath is beneath me, of course.

Grey Fox

Quote from: DGuller on July 06, 2011, 12:19:37 PM
Before I had a car, I regularly took Greyhounds to and from Atlantic City.  They're all right, the far more annoying part of taking these buses are the wait times to board them.  Now that I have a car, taking a bath is beneath me, of course.

:lmfao:

DGuller

dps

Well, I don't guess anybody is going to want to carpool with you.

Grey Fox

DGuller

derspiess

Quote from: Malthus on July 06, 2011, 11:07:32 AM
Unless those old folks are working flipping burgers and the like, I doubt their increased participation is seriously affecting the ability of HS kids to get jobs ...  ;)

Many are.  Dunno as to the effect on HS kids seeking jobs, though.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on July 06, 2011, 11:59:35 AM
Edmonton-Fort Mac in particular is a disaster, and the QE2 could probably use another lane going each way.

I'm going to have to drive down there for my wife's family reunion in August.  I am:  Sad.

Went to Calgary and back on the Dominion Day weekend.  QE2 was ridiculous - came to a complete stop due to congestion on more than a few occasions.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: garbon on July 06, 2011, 11:12:35 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 06, 2011, 10:41:00 AM
Quote from: Martinus on July 06, 2011, 01:29:40 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 05, 2011, 05:37:33 PMI worked at McDonalds when I was 17 and I closed all the time.

But that does not exactly refute the theory that people who work as teenagers end up having shitty jobs and are idiots, does it?
:rolleyes:
Teaching is eminently respectable, something that can not be said for being a Polish lawyer.

Not here in America. :huh:

I dunno, being a Polish lawyer in America is even worse than being an American teacher.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help