News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Germans - unprincipled profiteers?

Started by Martinus, July 04, 2011, 02:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

First, Schroeder sucking Gazprom's cock and making deals with former Stasi agents.

Now, the first female Chancellor and the first gay minister selling tanks to the Saudis.

Fuck you. You made a huge show of being pro-democracy and pro-human rights when Americans started a perhaps misguided, but ultimately just attempt to topple Saddam, but you are willing to compromise all your principles to earn some buck.

Disgusting.

Razgovory

:unsure:

I don't see the problem here.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Quote from: Razgovory on July 04, 2011, 03:06:59 PM
:unsure:

I don't see the problem here.
Marti feels the need to sound indignant, and to say "fuck you!" to people he doesn't know anything about.  Why would that be a problem?  It's a daily occurrence.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Martinus on July 04, 2011, 02:58:47 PM
First, Schroeder sucking Gazprom's cock and making deals with former Stasi agents.

Now, the first female Chancellor and the first gay minister selling tanks to the Saudis.

Well, they can't sell Leopards II only to Greece and Turkey. Arms races can get you only far.
:smarty:

alfred russel

With Saddam no longer in Iraq, and revolutions brewing across the middle east, arms sales to Saudi Arabia are looking a lot more dodgy than before.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Admiral Yi

Yeah, Marty's post is not completely without merit.

(Hey Marty, I could use a new AC unit.)

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 04, 2011, 04:10:38 PM
Yeah, Marty's post is not completely without merit.

(Hey Marty, I could use a new AC unit.)
:lol:

Neil

A homo selling the Saudis tanks that they will use to roll over convicted homosexuals?  I love it!
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Zanza

We made a huge show of being pro-democracy and pro-human rights in the context of the Iraq War? What do you refer to?

Razgovory

Marty has a thing for Germans.  I think it comes from the traditional interaction between Germans and Pole via feet.  Typically either bootlicking by the Pole or being kicked in the face by the German. I think Marty interprets this in a sexual context.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Maximus

Quote from: alfred russel on July 04, 2011, 03:53:32 PM
With Saddam no longer in Iraq, and revolutions brewing across the middle east, arms sales to Saudi Arabia are looking a lot more dodgy than before.
They're still locked in a regional cold war with Iran.

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Neil

See, the problem is that unlike the real Cold War, both sides of this one are evil.  And we have to back the Saudis because of their oil.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

AnchorClanker

The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr