The trial that never ends comes to an end.

Started by Razgovory, July 04, 2011, 10:11:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will she be found guilty?

Guilty!
9 (50%)
Not guilty!
5 (27.8%)
Hung jury!
4 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Razgovory

The Casey Anthony trial is finally coming to an end.  The damn thing has been going on for month and the news channels have been showing live coverage the whole time.  So as it finally wraps up, what do you keen legal minds think will be the verdict?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

I haven't watched a minute of coverage, but I can safely assume that she wouldn't be prosecuted if she wasn't guilty. -_-
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Neil

Don't know who it is, don't care.  I stopped watching US news channels around the same time they stopped showing news.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on July 04, 2011, 02:23:01 PM
Don't know who it is, don't care.  I stopped watching US news channels around the same time they stopped showing news.

My mom watches the news channels constantly.  I can't stand them myself, but she always has them on.

dps

Didn't know who she was until today.  Wish I still didn't.

Admiral Yi

There was an article in Time about mothers who off their own kids.  I didn't read it.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 04, 2011, 04:13:22 PM
There was an article in Time about mothers who off their own kids.  I didn't read it.

What year?